McDonald's menu 1972

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Ordering from MCD seemed a bit simpler in 1972:
278959761_6107112729326651_989093004320036830_n.jpg

Cheese added to a burger carried a 5 cent premium.
Cheese added to a 1/4 pounder carried a 10 cent premium.
I demand an investigation.

GON: You post the best stuff, thanks
Hall: I love it! A Qewpee had a turntable so you could drive in, receive your order and drive straight out. Many thanks for posting those photos.

Last edited:
Anyone here remember the days when you'd go to Mickey Ds and they'd reach behind them and grab your already-made burger from under the heat lamp?
I saw 'em do it but not for mine. "Cheese only" every time.

I saw 'em do it but not for mine. "Cheese only" every time.
Haha yep! That was the "secret way" back then to getting a freshly cooked burger. When I was a kid and we'd go there sometimes, I would always tell my parents to get my Filet-O-Fish with no tartar sauce. And I swear, it seemed to take them forever to make a fresh one, and my parents would get so irritated!! :ROFLMAO:

Anyone here remember the days when you'd go to Mickey Ds and they'd reach behind them and grab your already-made burger from under the heat lamp?
When I worked at MCDS back in hs we would put up to 30 patties on the grill. Right before you remove them you would holler to the manager, "Cheese 30 burgers." He would usually say "20." Cheeseburgers always sold better than hamburgers. Also, he had to mark the time they would start to sit under the heat lamp. 15 minutes and they went in the trash.

I'm suspicious of the McDouble-- they wanted to make a "better" cheeseburger and were able to afford another patty of "meat" before they sprung for the slice of cheese.

Last edited:
I'm suspicious of the McDouble-- they wanted to make a "better" cheeseburger and were able to afford another patty of "meat" before they'd spring for the slice of cheese.
If I eat from MCDS the McDouble is the ONLY burger I eat. I order it with an UNGODLY amount of onions. I want so many onions on it that it almost weighs 2 lbs (or close to it). I love those once dehydrated onions.
They used to come in a 1 lb. bag. You fill a SS container with water and pour the dehydrated onions in it. I think they were ready in about 10 minutes.

Let me put my dream meal together!

Filet-O-Fish - because of HEALTH! 48 cents
Lage Fries - because I'm a growing boy! 46 cents (I actually wasn't around for another 4 years)
Coffee Shake - because I need to stay awake! 15 cents
Apple Pie - must have dessert! 26 cents
Tripple Ripple - must have something for the road! 20 cents

That comes to $2.19.
x6.88 this equals $15 in today's money

It was a bad deal even back then. I walk out having laid a solid foundation for most lifestyle diseases and I'll be hungry in an hour.

When I would close on Friday or Saturday night, we had a very cool female manager. She would let us make ANY kind of burger we wanted to. I would make 2 patties, a McChicken patty, and 2 filet o fish patties, burger. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, it was so good!

It was a bad deal even back then. I walk out having laid a solid foundation for most lifestyle diseases and I'll be hungry in an hour.
After HS, before the Army, my friends and I would "Burn the forest down!" Afterwards we would get the munchies and go find a White Castle. I would order 10 sliders, eat them, order another 10, and eat what I could from that. "IF" there were ANY left they went home with me to eat for breakfast.
Thank God those days are very far behind me!

The quarter pounder I had yesterday had 2 slices of cheese. The only time you could taste the burger part, was when I ate around the edges. the center was a gooey mess that tasted like fake cheese. If you ask for only 1 slice of cheese be ready for a scowl.

Back