MC FL-500S, 6,000 miles TORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day for Purolator. This FL-500S was off a friends 2012 F-150 4x4 extended cab F-150. Engine is 3.5 "Eco Boost". Oil was MC blend 5w20 and 6,000 miles. He bought the truck and had a thought it might be neglected. Hard to see the tear but it is. Put a Hastings he supplied and some Magnatec 5w20 from "the stash"

Enjoy pictures and HAPPY FRIDAY
smile.gif

Date code on some end was wore off. Also, truck has 79,xxx miles on it. Glad my FL-400S didn't tear
smile.gif

Thanks for the C&P.

The Motorcraft seemingly has gotten a free pass, despite prior evidence of tearing. It is still being endorsed by some members on this board.

This thread is a good reminder to those who won't use a Purolator, but would gladly use a Motorcraft.

Well, count me in as a member that's used a 910S and FL-400S before. I guess I was lucky. I think I'll use the FL-400S until I see one that's tore, then....
33.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
I run the FL-400s on our 2.5 ford fusion and not one filter has tore.

10,000 mile OCI

Good to hear you have had success sir
smile.gif
. I thought of doing 10k with a FL-400S myself

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: daman
I run the FL-400s on our 2.5 ford fusion and not one filter has tore.

10,000 mile OCI

Good to hear you have had success sir
smile.gif
. I thought of doing 10k with a FL-400S myself

Yup nothing but nice looking filters when I cut them open. Easily doable in this application.

Thanks for the C&P car51
Currently the oil filter I have on my MIL GMC Acadia - hoping it comes out in better condition than this one.
We'll see in a few thousand miles.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Thanks for the C&P car51
Currently the oil filter I have on my MIL GMC Acadia - hoping it comes out in better condition than this one.
We'll see in a few thousand miles.

Thanks Bud_One, and fingers crossed
smile.gif

Worse case scenario; I can call him and have him stop and put some QSGB 5w30 in and I'd re use the Magnatec Syn 5w20:)

Originally Posted By: car51
It has high miles, and I didn't have much 5w30 Magnatec left so what they hey

79k is high miles???
[censored]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back