Mazda3 2.5 Turbo

Reviews so far (on premium fuel) have the 3 turbo hitting 60mph in5.7-6.0 seconds.

After 4 months having this car, I have to say it's excellent. Feels well made, interior is super nice, handles extremely well and it's quick. Lot of torque down low. Upper rpms it has little to offer, and power falls off fast. But it has power where I like it for driving around heavily populated areas. Very impressed with this car for what it is. I miss having a truck at times, but I've been enjoying this car a lot. I have 3,700 miles and no oil consumption so far.

IMG_5126.png

Last edited:
i like mine a lot. i have a 2021 gt sedan turbo awd in snowflake white pearl. i gave it a rust proofing treatment before winter. the paint is mediocre like all mazdas i have ever had. i had a 2018 mazda 6 turbo and they had to repaint the entire car. the famous soul red crystal. it seems they will have to repaint my current car too. mazda canada is very understanding with this.

other than that it is like a small tank. it is very easy to do maintenance, everything is extremely easy to access. it has good low end and midrange power, but top end power is lacking. it feels like a diesel. still, it is quite fast. as soon as i got it from the dealer, i removed the stock tires and rims. wich are 215-45-18 on 18x7 rims. and i put 225-55-16 on 16x7 rims. rims weighs 16 pounds. acceleration, braking, fuel consumption, handling, ride and comfort have all improved.

size for stock tires is 25.6 inches and current tires 25.7 inches. real speed indicated by gps with stock tires is 69 kph when going 70 kph on the odometer. real speed with my current setup is 70 kph when going 70 kph on the odometer. so my setup is perfectly matched to the car. this spring they will repaint my car. i d'ont keep my vehicles more than 2 years or until mazda comes out with something interesting. i really hope they are going to put that cx 60 engine in the mazda 3 with the new 8 speed. 323 horses and 369 pounds feet of torque. that would be funny as hell.

i like mine a lot. i have a 2021 gt sedan turbo awd in snowflake white pearl. i gave it a rust proofing treatment before winter. the paint is mediocre like all mazdas i have ever had. i had a 2018 mazda 6 turbo and they had to repaint the entire car. the famous soul red crystal. it seems they will have to repaint my current car too. mazda canada is very understanding with this.

other than that it is like a small tank. it is very easy to do maintenance, everything is extremely easy to access. it has good low end and midrange power, but top end power is lacking. it feels like a diesel. still, it is quite fast. as soon as i got it from the dealer, i removed the stock tires and rims. wich are 215-45-18 on 18x7 rims. and i put 225-55-16 on 16x7 rims. rims weighs 16 pounds. acceleration, braking, fuel consumption, handling, ride and comfort have all improved.

size for stock tires is 25.6 inches and current tires 25.7 inches. real speed indicated by gps with stock tires is 69 kph when going 70 kph on the odometer. real speed with my current setup is 70 kph when going 70 kph on the odometer. so my setup is perfectly matched to the car. this spring they will repaint my car. i d'ont keep my vehicles more than 2 years or until mazda comes out with something interesting. i really hope they are going to put that cx 60 engine in the mazda 3 with the new 8 speed. 323 horses and 369 pounds feet of torque. that would be funny as hell.

Its longitudinal. No way to fit.

i have high hopes for the 3, but i know it will stay transverse. i wished they would bump the current engine to 300 horses, remove the torsion beam for a true multilink setup and gave it an 8 speed automatic. those are my wishes. and maybe slightly bigger brakes. and better tires. the 2022 models are identical to the 2021. i have no idea what they have in store for 2023 for the 3.

That's Japanese paint for you. Beautiful but fragile. My 370Z and Infiniti were the same way. I just wrapped mine and haven't had any issues. Pony up the $1500 and don't worry about it anymore was my move.
Dunno about that as my Nismo Juke is going on 9 yrs old/91K and the paint still looks fantastic and according to the VIN it was built in Japan. Car has seen quite a bit of highway use that no doubt causes paint damage, but it has held up quite well.

Back