2022 Honda CRV. Turbo 1.5 vs. 2.0/Hybrid

200k is the new 100k. Its not that many miles anymore.
Do most people really keep cars that long? I’m being serious not sarcastic. The highest mileage vehicle I have ever owned had 140k when I sold it. I bought my 2013 CRV new in August 2013 and now have 112k miles at 8 years old. This is the longest I’ve ever owned a car. I want to try and get to 200k miles but probably won’t just because it will take forever and I’ll want a new car eventually.

Do most people really keep cars that long? I’m being serious not sarcastic. The highest mileage vehicle I have ever owned had 140k when I sold it. I bought my 2013 CRV new in August 2013 and now have 112k miles at 8 years old. This is the longest I’ve ever owned a car. I want to try and get to 200k miles but probably won’t just because it will take forever and I’ll want a new car eventually.
Well, my first new car I only kept for 116k. But I kept its replacement for 314k.

Wife did 176k on her first car, then put 225k onto her second—which is now mine. It gets to take the place of my prior car which has 230k, but I bought it with 140k.

But nobody would accuse me of being normal, let alone someone to emulate…

I generally only keep cars for 10 years. That will rack up the miles.

Every dollar you save on fuel is real money. Gasoline is not going to get cheaper. The trend is for it to go up.

Besides, nobody buys a CRV for speed. The choice of the hybrid is a good one.
I don't agree. Run the numbers, unless you are putting on a decent amount of miles each year, many of these technologies don't pay off for a long time if ever.

TeslaEV tax credit it’s not just because the riches

In fact it is because the government; Tesla is like a government entity nowadays, they have a direct contracts with the government for space exploration in form of SpaceX project

TeslaEV tax credit it’s not just because the riches

In fact it is because the government; Tesla is like a government entity nowadays, they have a direct contracts with the government for space exploration in form of SpaceX project

IIRC, In the beginning the only reasonably available EV was the high end Tesla (the "S") and the (EV "rebate") policy was to encourage the sale of EVs to early adopters in the hopes that it would ignite the market for EVs overall and help drive costs and prices down as scale economies were reached. Arguably, it helped to do exactly that .

This car was priced so high that there was no chance that that it would be purchased by those of us of more modest means (rebate or no) so that the tax structure of the rebate was of limited consequence. And the rebate was structured to phase out as the volume of each manufacturer's cumulative EV production rose. This was appropriate as is wasn't intended to be "evergreen", just to help things to get going not hang around as a permanent subsidy.

Just my opinion, but I think it did help accomplish those goals. YMMV :)

P.S.

Tesla's no longer qualify for this tax benefit as their cumulative sales have exhausted their "rebate quota"

More to come under various Congressional proposals being thrown around - $10- 12.5K rebates are being discussed as well as the tax structuring of the rebate

Last edited:
Back