Mazda No. 1 in Consumer Reports 2020 auto reliability survey

I had 2 Mazdas in the 1980s that I purchased new....really liked both....didn't have either long enough to find out if rust was an issue. The manual transmissions and clutch's were excellent. The only negative I can recall was that the AC system wasn't the strongest. I'd buy another Mazda in a heartbeat.
Mazda definitely was the choice when it came to buying Japanese brands in Europe, they were especially strong in Germany, Austria, Holland, and some others. Mazda was viewed as the closest rival to VW products because the two brands shared many traits in common.

All very solid drivers and very reliable, actually looks like Mazda is the new "Golden Age" Honda. lol

Interesting read through 7 pages. Now I had a 1986 626 for 375,000 miles. My girlfriend at the time then bought a 1986 626 automatic. Next my mother bought a 1989 626 automatic. I was given a 1991 626 5 door stick in 2009 by a friend. I bought my wife a 2018 Mazda 3 sedan because of what I knew about their quality. Rust, of course, is not an issue in the Bay Area. I drive my 91 twice a week and would love to have a fleet of them but alas they are incredibly sparse of the ground around here. Even the sales people at the Mazda dealer under 35 didn't even recognize my 626 when I came to buy other than the older sales manager who gave me an extra $500 for being a Mazda owner.

Interesting read through 7 pages. Now I had a 1986 626 for 375,000 miles. My girlfriend at the time then bought a 1986 626 automatic. Next my mother bought a 1989 626 automatic. I was given a 1991 626 5 door stick in 2009 by a friend. I bought my wife a 2018 Mazda 3 sedan because of what I knew about their quality. Rust, of course, is not an issue in the Bay Area. I drive my 91 twice a week and would love to have a fleet of them but alas they are incredibly sparse of the ground around here. Even the sales people at the Mazda dealer under 35 didn't even recognize my 626 when I came to buy other than the older sales manager who gave me an extra $500 for being a Mazda owner.

I suspect the younger employees know only about the Skyactiv models post Ford.

Back