Map of most popular car brands in each state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Very ironic that the most popular new car is named after what the folks are doing in MI...

ROFL, that is a good observation.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Very ironic that the most popular new car is named after what the folks are doing in MI...

And Ohio.....
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: diver1972

Outbacks ruling in Washington? Say it ain't so!
grin2.gif

I'm calling B.S. While there are quite a few Outbacks on the road around here, there are loads more Accords and Camrys.

Can't say I'm surprised by the CR-V here in NYS. They are very popular. And ohio too, when we are there I'm always struck by the amount of Ford Escapes- they are ubiquitous, old and new.

Nothing else really surprises me- that the midwest and west mostly like F-150s, california drives Prii, and the southeast is Camrys. Pretty much exactly what I'd expect except for the random altimas

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan

grin2.gif

I'm calling B.S. While there are quite a few Outbacks on the road around here, there are loads more Accords and Camrys.

Gotta agree with you on that. I think the data is either inaccurate, or it represents some angle I cannot fathom.

grin2.gif

Here in Bremerton/Port Orchard every other car is a Urabus or Chevrolet.

If you add Chevy & GMC sales together the Ford F-Series would be hard pressed to have a first place in any of the 50 states...

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't the F-150 or Silverado for AL. There are lots of Camrys here, but every other vehicle is a truck. Driving around, Tahoes and Suburbans are as common as Camrys here.

Honda is HUGE around here. I'm always shocked how much smaller Honda is in other parts of the country when I travel. 1/3 of the cars around here seem to be Honda.

Originally Posted By: cchase
The retirement capital of the planet (Southeast) is Camry.

There's a surprise.

Well, there used to be more Crown Vics. They had to find something else that lasted a long time and was boring to drive since Ford eliminated the Crown Vic.

Good info for buying used cars...knowing where the most are is a good starting point for searching for the best/lowest price...maybe...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrewg

grin2.gif

Gotta agree with you on that. I think the data is either inaccurate, or it represents some angle I cannot fathom.

You all do realize this is the latest current sales numbers not what was sold already on the street...

Originally Posted By: Doog
Let me guess....Ford made the map?

And you would guess wrong at that assertion....

Originally Posted By: TFB1
If you add Chevy & GMC sales together the Ford F-Series would be hard pressed to have a first place in any of the 50 states...

Not even close even if you combine GMC and Chevy truck sales in the 1/2 category thru Maythis year the F150 was the clear winner.

299,477 F150
199,327 Chevy
71,065 GMC

Also the Ford F series is Fords entire pickup line where Ford has very comfortable lead in the 3/4 and 1 ton pickup department.

You have to take into account that ford includes their f450, f550, and the rest of their super duty line up in those numbers, GM doesn't offer anything in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back