Edmunds: Most popular cars in America

• The Toyota Camry is the only car that ranks in the top 10 most sold vehicles of 2022.
  • The Tesla Model Y is the top-selling EV nationally and was in the top 5 selling vehicles in 5 different States.
  • Contrary to popular belief, the Subaru Forester is not in the top five for sales in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont.
  • Chevy's Silverado was the top sold model in the U.S. this past year.
  • Arkansas is the only U.S. State preferring the GMC Sierra over any other vehicle.
Interesting demographics 🤔

The coastal population centers buy small Toyotas, Cali buys Tesla and the rest of the country buys trucks.
1676265305070.jpg

• The Tesla Model Y is the top-selling EV nationally and was in the top 5 selling vehicles in 5 different States.
Not really. It's had a good 1-2 year run almost entirely in California where there is a very "unique" customer base and infrastructure. "Most popular in America" is a total misnomer. It's done well, briefly. Still only represents something around 1% adoption outside of California, and less than 4% nationwide, in total, across all vehicles. The jury is still out on loyalty and longevity, particularly with studies that show 1 in 5 return their EV for a ICE.

The jury is still out. But "most popular in America," no.

Far and away, the cars I've seen the most often here for the last several years are white Tesla's and whatever colour Subaru Crosstreks.
Boring...
I was going to ask if you were in Washington, but you are in Washington JR or I am in lower Canada...It is the same.

no surprises, but why not bunch similar vehicles together, like the GM twins?

Agreed, the GM twins are identical except with minor variations that can be labeled "differences in trim", basically different grills and dashboard. But then Ford will be upset that the F series is no longer the best selling truck in America.

There are stats, and then there are stats that matter. GM has been selling the most trucks recently.

Not that any of that matters to me anyway, I'm quite content with my truck despite being in solid third place for sales.

Back