Mann and Hummel wix changes complete

Just stopped by my local oreillys and checked out the 57356 for Honda’s and the wix to purolater is complete...sadly. Filter is now identical to a pure 1 or Carquest premium. Same bypass valve and everything. Price also increases to $10.50 a filter

Attachments

• EBAB609D-BA21-4AC6-9BCA-178BA388B308.jpeg
    EBAB609D-BA21-4AC6-9BCA-178BA388B308.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 61C9E651-DCED-42A4-9DF6-28EFA46E18F1.jpeg
    61C9E651-DCED-42A4-9DF6-28EFA46E18F1.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 3481A8DE-2B4E-45A6-B7DE-BAA53D237FE4.jpeg
    3481A8DE-2B4E-45A6-B7DE-BAA53D237FE4.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 153
.....Filter is now identical to a pure 1.....

Linked below is the current equivalent P1 PL14610. Looking at the baseplate design and inlet holes, doesn't look "identical" to me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pic does show dome bypass like the P1.......and Wix XL/Platinum and Fram and Champ Labs and Denso and........

It could turn out to be a plus for element size of the 5/7356 especially if element size increased instead of space for thread end bypass or spacer used. Hasn't been an issue for me in multiple uses, but some think it to be a negative.

As for O'R filter prices generally, ime their everyday OF prices always at the top end.

In short, sky not falling for me.

Auto parts stores are insane on their pricing. I wish Walmart would start carrying more oem and different brands of filters. I walked into one the other day to grab a fuse and single quarts of Castrol Edge were $11.00+!!

That's only $1 less than the regular price of Napa Platinum (Wix XP) which is still a real Wix and hasn't been cheapened :rolleyes:

^^^The mentioned Wix XP/Platinum has always had dome bypass, same as topic Wix labeled. Using the logic that Wix labeled with dome bypass equals "cheapened", then Wix XP/Plat must have" been cheapened" to start with. :)

Then there's the comparison of Wix/Napa Gold beta efficiency to the Wix XP/Platinum efficiency, but that's been covered many times here.

Thread end bypass, dome bypass, both work fine. And of course comparing Napa prices to O'R OF prices, generally speaking Napa stores always less expensive, be it Napa Gold or Platinum. Not to mention frequent promotions of some sort at Napa stores.

^^^The mentioned Wix XP/Platinum has always had dome bypass, same as topic Wix labeled. Using the logic that Wix labeled with dome bypass equals "cheapened", then Wix XP/Plat must have" been cheapened" to start with. :)

Then there's the comparison of Wix/Napa Gold beta efficiency to the Wix XP/Platinum efficiency, but that's been covered many times here.

Thread end bypass, dome bypass, both work fine. And of course comparing Napa prices to O'R OF prices, generally speaking Napa stores always less expensive, be it Napa Gold or Platinum. Not to mention frequent promotions of some sort at Napa stores.

"cheapened" refers to Purolator's obviously lower quality, louvers that aren't always opened up properly, torn media, and sometimes even torn ADBV :poop:

Hopefully the 51334 (xx9688 cross ref I think?) is not changed and still the Hyundai style filter. I’d still use those.

Yeah when I finish my stash, I’m probably done with other WIX spin on’s for the time being.

"cheapened" refers to Purolator's obviously lower quality, louvers that aren't always opened up properly, torn media, and sometimes even torn ADBV
Excluding the obvious misrepresentation of implied OP filter manufacturer (as proven in post #4 here with link), those issues could be possible "if" seen in the specific OP 5/7356 pics and/or Wix labeled/Napa Gold generally speaking post use anecdotes posted this subforum to this point. Not so currently.

Otoh, the OP title representation could be considered accurate. Noting the OP states his happiness with previous 5/7356 purchase with louvered centertube, same as OP filter pics.

Keeping it on topic, the only difference seen in topic pic(s) is change of bypass location, now making it the same as XP/Platinum also made Wix. So the word quoted "for topic filter" can only mean that specific change.

Last edited:
Back