Malco Eagle Grip Owners Thread

JHZR2

Staff member
They’re here!

52B4D226-4DE0-4826-99BA-294A4E35DB76.jpeg
CA27842C-3114-48EE-8033-4A3F7CFE3172.jpeg

86836BEA-BA85-46F0-94FA-20F031FB5796.jpeg
43FB0F72-6526-4F80-9BF9-F1ECE6AE4860.jpeg

Got these today. Had been sold out on and off on Amazon, and I wasn’t going to pay >$40, which is where I typically see them fluctuating around. Got these for $38, which is a bit much, but figured I’d show support for what they’re doing.

The finish is like a mirror buffed bead blasted finish. Very smooth, very nice. The jaws are sharp and grippy. Locking is smooth and direct.

Here’s comparison to another first world pair by another maker, the highly-regarded Knipex. Think I paid around $22 for these.

9CC9C534-CC8A-46C9-BBA7-39247CC2509A.jpeg

Eagle grips definitely have more aggressive serrations. I’m sure they will bite anything really well - maybe too well?!?

I need to invest in some. My Kobalt are slowly giving out I think because they don’t stay closed anymore I have to keep a rubber band around them. And I got a set of the new Vise Grip ones the teeth on them just smashed down. Will have to look into them.

I need to invest in some. My Kobalt are slowly giving out I think because they don’t stay closed anymore I have to keep a rubber band around them. And I got a set of the new Vise Grip ones the teeth on them just smashed down. Will have to look into them.
this is sad..... It is work to find quality sometimes.

Yeah I was in a bind working on a project away from home and bought a set of cheapies once. Was very surprised that the teeth ground down so fast.

I hope they start making 11R style locking clamps, I'd buy a bunch of them.

The made in China 11R Vice Grips I've had a lot of issues with the pins falling out, sometimes only in a month or two. Sad, because the old domestic made ones last forever.

I'm following them as well, but I won't buy them for the current prices I'm seeing them for.
Yeah most styles are going for over $40. I got the ones I bought for less, hoping that Amazon will drop prices as initial demand drops.

Though at the same time making stuff domestic isn’t cheap. I’m not sure if there is an MSRP list... that would be insightful.

Yeah most styles are going for over $40. I got the ones I bought for less, hoping that Amazon will drop prices as initial demand drops.

Though at the same time making stuff domestic isn’t cheap. I’m not sure if there is an MSRP list... that would be insightful.
Malco has MAP (minimum advertised price) with the Eagle Grips. Of course, that may come down at some point if input prices drop or if greater manufacturing efficiencies are realized.

I use vise grip at work quite a bit...both usa and import versions. I have all usa ones at home..
A few weeks ago i received some 7" eagle grips. The malcos are made to a nicer standard than even some old usa ones i have.
20210424_155035.jpg
20210424_155055.jpg
20210424_155227.jpg
20210424_155509.jpg
20210424_160053.jpg

HarryEpstein.com has the MAP pricing if you search for malco eagle grip. If you create an account, there will be a discount. There is a video on their homepage where they talk about the MAP pricing. SK tools and a few others are also starting/enforcing this too.

I am no fan of watching videos for info like this, but I have no reason to believe they are telling a lie about it.

The link I showed a few posts up is a good example. $62.25 is regular MAP for the large clamp eagle grips.

Last edited:

There's a chance they might go on sale on Epstein Day {?} on GJ. If they do I might grab them, if not it really isn't a big deal, I can wait. LOL Amazon is always messing around with prices so they might drop over there too.

I'm glad this company is fulfilling their promises. Remember that this company now makes their locking pliers in the same small town and factory as the old Vice-Grips plant and use as many of the former laid off employees as possible. I live about a half an hour away from where they are being manufactured and decades ago my brother actually worked there during the winter months in the shipping department.
I'll probably being buying his a pair for his Christmas present.

Back