Making people mad with our new policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least on the parts side, special order stuff that isn't on site has been pay in full for a long time now around here. I'd have no problem with my mechanic requesting that I pay up front for a special order part as well. I'm going to pay for it, one way or the other, might as well get it over with.

But I don't understand why special order parts aren't less expensive since shops don't have to keep inventory of them. I guess they're special order since not sold often which would mean economies of scale not as helpful?

Even still, it's sitting in somebodies inventory somewhere, and if it's a not commonly used item, it's taking up space for longer...and likely production runs are shorter/more expensive.

People price shop. it happens. When I was looking for a job, I got an interview. the lady asked me if she should run a background check. I said sure. I couldn't decide between that job and another prestigious job. I'm sure they lost money running that background check. but I didn't want to be held up if I decided to go with them. she was money conscious b/c she was acting like a background check was expensive. it's part of finding a new employee if you ask me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
she was money conscious b/c she was acting like a background check was expensive. it's part of finding a new employee if you ask me.

Hiring a bad employee that you couldn't fire is even more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back