M1 EP 0W20 in BMW X3 outside of warranty?

For curiosity's sake, since all of my other cars use M1 EP 0W20, would any harm come to the engine of my wife's 2020 BMW X3 with the 2.0L twin turbo if I used this oil in it? My wife drives like a grandma going to church. This would be once the car is out of warranty. I don't mind spending the money for oil that meets the proper BMW spec, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that M1 wouldn't be fine, and it would simplify my oil inventory. What say you all?

You might want to check out FCP Euro they offer free lifetime oil replacement last I knew, unless this has changed someone can chime in on this.

What they supposedly do is have you send in your old oil and the container and they credit your account for the replacement. I would certainly consider them for any European/German cars if I had any.

For curiosity's sake, since all of my other cars use M1 EP 0W20, would any harm come to the engine of my wife's 2020 BMW X3 with the 2.0L twin turbo if I used this oil in it? My wife drives like a grandma going to church. This would be once the car is out of warranty. I don't mind spending the money for oil that meets the proper BMW spec, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that M1 wouldn't be fine, and it would simplify my oil inventory. What say you all?
It's probably okay but everyone is guessing because BMW doesn't publish useful information regarding their requirements.

You might want to check out FCP Euro they offer free lifetime oil replacement last I knew, unless this has changed someone can chime in on this.

What they supposedly do is have you send in your old oil and the container and they credit your account for the replacement. I would certainly consider them for any European/German cars if I had any.
Holy moly! I searched their site and can't find anything that excludes oil. Mental gears turning.....

Holy moly! I searched their site and can't find anything that excludes oil. Mental gears turning.....

Yep. It's all about the cost of shipping and your time.

I would contact them and see if it fits your needs and if you feel it is a good option for you.

Technically it isn't since it isn't ll-17fe rated but i doubt it would do much more damage the chains any more than the proper oil, but it will wear the chains out a bit faster. Won't matter if you plan on dumping it at 100k though. I don't know if you're a 100k or 400k owner. I'm at 335k with my 05 gmc and I'm still gonna keep putting miles on it and will keep using 0/5/15w-40.

Beyond the warranty I'd use an ll-01 or 04 oil. I wouldn't bother continuing to use 0w-20 even if it was bmw ll-17fe rated. Castrol does make a euro ll-17fe+ 0w-20 but i wouldn't care for it. Use something ll-01 rated.

P90107380-bmw-efficientdynamics-twin-scroll-turbocharger-11-2012-2121px.jpg
I was under the impression that the 2.0 is a single turbo.....

personally, I wouldn't do it. Out of warranty, I'd go the other way to a 40 grade.
Iirc it's twin scroll which is a tweener.

M1 EP 0w-20 is a great oil, and for the VAST majority of normal drivers who noodle around at 2000RPM all day, its more than adequate.

Back