Lubegard Instant Shudder Fixx

Status
Not open for further replies.
A suggestion before adding any OTC friction Modifier.

First, totally replace the AT fluid in your transmission with the proper ATF and at the proper level.

Drive it for 500 miles and see if it reduces shutter.

Check the transmission mounts and make sure they have no cracks and are holding firm.

Check the universal joints to determine if they are worn and need replacement.

Many of the above items are sometimes mistaken for TC shudder.

Last edited:
And ignition misfire, which shows itself in top gear when the TCC makes everything lug.

Added the Instant Fixx and the Shudder is gone. I wanted to know what other people had to say as far as their experience with this stuff or what they've heard.

ATF was changed within the past 1000 miles. Plugs and wires also within that mileage.

Car always shifts smooth, it was the lock up Shudder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrownBox88
Added the Instant Fixx and the Shudder is gone. I wanted to know what other people had to say as far as their experience with this stuff or what they've heard.

ATF was changed within the past 1000 miles. Plugs and wires also within that mileage.

You've put on enough miles to know for sure? I was sure two doses of regale fixed an engine tick earlier this year. A week later the tick was back. Same tank of gas with 2nd dose of Regane still in it.

It worked in mu Montero for a short while and shudder returned. I put Lubegard red in and it was much better. I then changed the tranny fluid and shudder returned. Another bottle of the red and 500 miles shudder was good again. Tranny was eventually replaced but this got me by another few years and maybe 20,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: BrownBox88

Thank you for not providing that background information beforehand or for not being clear in your question.

In some cases it works, in some cases it works for a short period, in some cases the tranny gets replaced.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
And ignition misfire, which shows itself in top gear when the TCC makes everything lug.

Funny you say that. I had a 93 explorer that had the exact same symptoms of a shudder. Replaced the plugs with OEMs and the shudder was gone. It is certainly worth checking the plugs and changing the fluid prior to using any fixes. Sounds like you are in check for what I said. Might be worth enjoying it while the additive is strong. Hopefully it works for a while!

Worked great on a 04 Cadillac with 5L40 trans.
TCC shudder began around 50,000 miles, and "fix" has continued to work for 25,000 more.
I'm actually surprised how well it works.

I used Shutter fix in my 70 Cuda' on the advice of a neighbor who owns a transmission shop....worked like a charm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back