Lubegard Bio/Tech and oil combo

I want to start using lubegard in my engine and I was wandering if there is any motor oil in particular that works better than others when when lubegard is used, I was thinking valvoline EP because this oil is already rich in molybdenum, let me know what the best combo would be, please exclude redline oil

Even though LG BioTech appears to be a well-formulated oil additive, it’s still a roll of the dice that its chemistry will play nice with everything else. If you take the $15 you’d spend on LG plus whatever you’re willing to spend on oil, you can buy a much better, fully formulated oil that is ready to go.

For a 5qt sump, LG is basically $3/qt… on top of the ~$30+ for most top-tier shelf oils these days. Not to be rude, because I chased the LG BioTech trail (I’ve got a good thread on it here), but there’s absolutely no measurable results. Does it work as advertised? Maybe. Does it result in measurable changes to OCI or UOA results? Nope. I decided for what’s essentially a $9/qt oil change to bite the bullet and step up to HPL at ~$13/qt and will run UOAs to see how long the oil itself is protecting my engine. I’ll do 5k filter changes til no carbon shows up, and hopefully 15k OCIs which actually makes HPL significantly cheaper than 6k OCIs on Ravenol DXG or any shelf-stock oil plus BioTech. Just my $0.02 from experience.

I want to start using lubegard in my engine and I was wandering if there is any motor oil in particular that works better than others when when lubegard is used, I was thinking valvoline EP because this oil is already rich in molybdenum, let me know what the best combo would be, please exclude redline oil
You want to do it at a ratio of 3oz per quart. You will see better results if you use a motor oil that's already good. Mobil EP or Mobil 1 FS (0W-40 or 5W-40). Lubegard BioTech is a mild top-treatment for motor oil. I also works great with Red Line, I got this combo currently running in our 2017 Santa Fe with Red Line 5W-30 because I noticed some oil consumption and I want to see if adding Lubegard changes anything.

If your crankcase capacity is 8 quarts, then you need 24oz of Lubegard BioTech. If you can put 8.5 quarts or close to that in your engine, then you should do that rather than subtract from your motor oil. BioTech will top-treat your DI package with more dispersants and it will add a decent amount of MoDTC (organic Moly) to your oil, amongst other things. It also contains antioxidants and esters, which help clean and keep your engine clean.

Alternatively, you might want to try High Performance Lubricants. It's a very good oil formulated by the world's number one expert and the godfather of synthetic lubricants, Dr. Leslie R. Rudnick. He's also published several books on lubricants. I doubt Amazon has all of them listed: https://www.amazon.com/Books-Leslie-R-Rudnick/s?rh=n:283155,p_27:Leslie+R.+Rudnick

You can take a closer look at this oil here: https://www.advlubrication.com/collections/automotive-lubricants

I replaced all fluids in my wife's 2022 Jeep GC with products from High Performance Lubricants.

[Edit]

Mobil 1 uses ANs and Esters in Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 and it's blended with PAO+GTL. Mobil 1 EP is a mix of Group III, GTL, PAO, and ANs. Red Line is made with PAO+POE+Other Esters. HPL is blended either with Group III or PAO (their website discloses this information, they are very transparent), and then with ANs and Esters. These are some of the best oils that you need to look at in terms of absolute performance.

Back