Low carb vegetables

I like greens, carrots and most other veggies. Have not seen you in the oil filter section lately, hope everything is OK. Feel free to send me a PM. Thank you. Irishman

I like greens, carrots and most other veggies. Have not seen you in the oil filter section lately, hope everything is OK. Feel free to send me a PM. Thank you. Irishman

Hello sir I’m still fighting day by day. I like the foods you listed. Thank Yiu friend

Most whole plant vegetables are healthy and high enough in fiber that you don't have to worry about the carbs. They are good carbs: fiber and low glycemic index. If you're shopping from the produce section, almost everything there is healthy.

However, that is "whole plant foods". When you mash, blend, peel, fry, add sauces, etc. It can reduce or eliminate the fiber and add oils and sugars, and also make it more calorie dense.

So both parts of the question are important: what vegetables did you start with? And how exactly did you prepare and cook them?

I like kimchi but unfortunately it doesn't like me.

1709249115428.jpg

the Kitchen

When I'm doing very low carbs for weight control my vegetables are fresh lettuces & spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus, and green beans. I also allow some smaller quantities of onions, peppers, garlic, and tomatoes. I avoid foods that are sweet or starchy.

When I'm doing very low carbs for weight control my vegetables are fresh lettuces & spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus, and green beans. I also allow some smaller quantities of onions, peppers, garlic, and tomatoes. I avoid foods that are sweet or starchy.
Same. About the only change is I use brussels sprouts instead of eggplant. I like eggplant, I just mainly like it fried unfortunately

Great info sir. I’m loving kale and spinach and kimchi

Same. About the only change is I use brussels sprouts instead of eggplant. I like eggplant, I just mainly like it fried unfortunately
I freeze dozens of eggplant parm dinners-for-two each year, but I don't fry the eggplant. Instead I peel three large eggplant, slice them laterally into 1/4" rounds, paint one side of each round with extra virgin olive oil, and stack them four layers deep on a large plate. I then microwave them for 20-25 minutes until soft. This avoids the mess and carbs from breading and frying, and tastes more like eggplant than fried bread.

To make the eggplant parm I layer eggplant with meat sauce (home grown tomato sauce with browned ground beef), fresh mozzarella, grated parmesan, and basil.

Back