Look what you've done to me! (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes me want to have a stash. everytime i buy oil i say "why did it go up?" i should have bought ten jugs of pyb when it was 10 bucks now its 15. maxlife is 13 and i want to go get a few but my wife.....

Hehehe... thankfully my wife and I are pretty cool when it comes that kind of stuff. Tithe, mortgage, bills, and food come first, then savings. We agree on certain amounts that we each get to spend, and the other parson can't say anything about it. That's our play money. Hers usually ends up as shoes or something and mine ends up as automotive, music, or firearm related items.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
makes me want to have a stash. everytime i buy oil i say "why did it go up?" i should have bought ten jugs of pyb when it was 10 bucks now its 15. maxlife is 13 and i want to go get a few but my wife.....

That why I have a small stash of about 60 quarts, and soon will add another 24 quarts whenever Amazon ships my order of 4 cases of PU I made 2 months ago for about $3/qt. The oil in my stash are M1, PP, PU, Synpower, Delo ... for about $2/qt or less on average, and $3/gallon for Delo.

Whenever I saw something on sale/clearance and/or with rebate so that the final cost of syn is $2 or less I buy all I can to prevent sticker shock at regular everyday price.

Gotta fess up.... just got 6 more qts of Formula Shell 5-20 dino, and I'm seriously now considering grabbing a jug or two of the Havoline DS on sale at AZ right now. I mean, I'm going to change the oil in a few cars this weekend, and I can't have any bare spots on the shelf, right?!?!
smile.gif

That's right! Gotta fill those gaps, don't want some of those jugs/quarts to get cold and lonely this time of year!

My meager stash (about 40 qts and 6 filters) is sitting in the carport in tupperware bins... I don't have the luxury of your setup yet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back