Listening to the radio in your vehicle.....

Are they re-runs? They went off the air 25 years ago when John Boy retired and moved to Arizona. That show aired out of Chicago and I loved it. Made me laugh all the way to work!
Says they are live every morning. John Boy just had a major surgery and was out for awhile but he is back now. They always talk about 25 and 30 years ago their memories from the 80s and 90s.

AM: classic country (680 San Antonio) Tejano/conjunto music (1540 San Antonio, 1600 Austin)
FM: country, variety music stations
Sometimes I’ll play a CD or cassette
Sometimes I’ll use a cassette adapter connected to my iPhone to play music from YouTube, however skipping songs is too distracting while driving
LOL Me too! FM local classic country station WWVA out of Wheeling WV!

Are they re-runs? They went off the air 25 years ago when John Boy retired and moved to Arizona. That show aired out of Chicago and I loved it. Made me laugh all the way to work!
I forgot about that show, I used to listen to that when I was working. Used to like them!

I'll listen to NPR occasionally, like the last mile into work. Otherwise I'm radio-off for 95% of my driving.

For a few years, I'd get bored and scan the channels, but for years now there has been nadda on the radio worth listening to--and endless commercials. I'd rather listen to silence. Plus, with some old worn snow tires, I don't need any more noise hitting the ears, it's loud enough in the car as it is.

I sometimes wonder if I live an over-stimulated life. It's like every moment of the day has to have something electronically pumped into me, be it music or something visual off an LCD--or very often, both. Driving while staring out a window and listening to only what is in my mind, it's my one little joy in life I guess.

Edit: I did finally reach my goal of putting in my shortwave setup and will occasionally listen to CW on 40m, or SSB, or occasionally bump up to 20m in the evening when the band is open. But usually while in the car I'm not in the mood, not sure why but once I got it set up, it was like, the fun was in setting it up. Weird.
I find that enjoyable at time. In the cars and sometimes even in the house. Nothing on at all. No Tv or radio.

I find that enjoyable at time. In the cars and sometimes even in the house. Nothing on at all. No Tv or radio.
I find I “have” to have something on while working—but as I live behind a computer, that’s trivial. Sometimes I will have the radio on in the garage, but lately its been the same synthwave youtube channel, almost white noise really.

Wife and daughter like to watch tv in the evening, usually while playing something on an iDevice, but I’ve lost all interest lately.

I only ever use either Bluetooth for music or AM for local conversations I can listen to for hours. Many car makers are doing away with AM. I wouldn't care about losing FM radio but i'd be mad about losing AM. Nothing but tons of commercials with a side of bad music on FM these days. AM actually has the interesting stuff. If i want music i'll just use my phone.

Driving around locally i mostly listen to 94.3 The GOAT Rocks.
Sometimes a little country, a bit of Sirius, but I like my rock, especially 1970s through 1990s.
Meatloaf, G n R, Aerosmith, Trooper, Nickelback.

On my commute to work I listen to two different local conservative talk programs on AM. On the way home I tune into FM and the BBN radio station (Christian).

On my commute to work I listen to two different local conservative talk programs on AM. On the way home I tune into FM and the BBN radio station (Christian).
I used to listen non stop to talk radio all the way to work , on way home , even on way fishing and hunting etc.... I finally realized one day it likely does not matter if I did that with conservative or some liberal whacko stations the end result would be the same. Deep dark depression and un happiness over many things I can not control. So after driving wife's car several times a while back... and letting
her radio alone , and just listening to those positive Christian music stations I found that I felt much better and up beat after a few minutes in her car. I am now to the point I will not even watch any of the national or local daily news broadcasts except for a bit of the weather or sports then turn off.

I used to listen non stop to talk radio all the way to work , on way home , even on way fishing and hunting etc.... I finally realized one day it likely does not matter if I did that with conservative or some liberal whacko stations the end result would be the same. Deep dark depression and un happiness over many things I can not control. So after driving wife's car several times a while back... and letting
her radio alone , and just listening to those positive Christian music stations I found that I felt much better and up beat after a few minutes in her car. I am now to the point I will not even watch any of the national or local daily news broadcasts except for a bit of the weather or sports then turn off.
I hear you. There are times where I have to tune out of the talk radio for a while. Every few weeks or so I get tired of the bad news (from a conservative viewpoint) and I need a break. It's just difficult for me as I feel I need to stay fairly informed on things that are of concern. I know...it makes ZERO difference what I know or not about what's going on in the world. I really should just stick to Christian broadcasting and focus on things more positive.

I hear you. There are times where I have to tune out of the talk radio for a while. Every few weeks or so I get tired of the bad news (from a conservative viewpoint) and I need a break. It's just difficult for me as I feel I need to stay fairly informed on things that are of concern. I know...it makes ZERO difference what I know or not about what's going on in the world. I really should just stick to Christian broadcasting and focus on things more positive.
Me as well. If a person has any amount of caring inside, or any form of a conscience, then it is very difficult to tune or close it all out.

Various FM public radio stations and some classic rock ones are memorized on my radio. I regularly drive 250 miles to a place in another state and can go the whole way and back by working through the saved ones in order. People I know often ask me for the latest news. I'm a news junky.

Here in Louisville I listen to WACKY radio.....103.5 all oldies....

It's either iHeartRadio as the Blaze Radio Network (as much as I can stand) or iHeart70s gives me gems like Starbuck sometimes. I love the rarer tunes... That, or music ripped from YouTube like some Synthwave tracks and you learn what you like from there since for sure not equal.

My head unit does NOT have SEEK... Pioneer DEH-S4220BT. Decent sound but I'll never use most of what it offers... and, frankly, will be the BITOG special for 50 bucks (less than half its purchase price new, when it was the only thing I could get, if you know what im sayin) and I may go back to Sony. MUST HAVE SEEK or I 98-99% of time don't do FM radio without it.

Will not pay for music.

Amazon Prime music for me. I've been on an Americana / Folk kick lately and it has a huge variety. I have also found the entire snap judgement series so that's what I listened to in the car yesterday for 3 hours

Not driving like I used to. Trip to part time job all back roads takes about 20 minutes. I’ll put on WCBS News Radio 88 to catch the weather and a bit of news. I still listen to traffic reports for those going into Manhattan. Stopped to let some wild turkeys cross the road, and heard, “45 minute delay at the Lincoln Tunnel.” Retirement is not bad.

Back