Liqui Moly Radiator Cleaner Review (Video)

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
I made a video for my YouTube channel where I tested Liqui Moly Radiator Cleaner.

I don't claim that this is a scientific video on par with Project Farm but here is my methodology:

- Drain the original coolant, take a sample and then pour back into the radiator.
- Add LM Radiator Cleaner, drain and take a sample.
- Compare before and after sample along with new antifreeze.

This is the original coolant on my 2005 Scion tC. It has never been changed before and I am very surprised how well it looked. Over these 19 years only enough has evaporated (or was consumed) that the overflow tank was almost empty.

I haven’t had problems with radiators since I stopped using tap water to mix at 50/50.
Makes sense, the minerals in the tap water can 't be good to the insides of a cooling system, especially if you have hard water.

Makes sense, the minerals in the tap water can 't be good to the insides of a cooling system, especially if you have hard water.
Exactly! You don’t get that buildup with distilled water.
You can clearly see what comes out of your water heater, when it’s drained. That same junk winds up in a car’s cooling system, when using tap water.

I made a video for my YouTube channel where I tested Liqui Moly Radiator Cleaner.

I don't claim that this is a scientific video on par with Project Farm but here is my methodology:

- Drain the original coolant, take a sample and then pour back into the radiator.
- Add LM Radiator Cleaner, drain and take a sample.
- Compare before and after sample along with new antifreeze.

This is the original coolant on my 2005 Scion tC. It has never been changed before and I am very surprised how well it looked. Over these 19 years only enough has evaporated (or was consumed) that the overflow tank was almost empty.

What problems are you chasing down with these Liqui Moly Products? Is the rad leaking? If so, would suggest the the cleaner might make matters worse. I would have maybe just changed the coolant with a premixed product or a concentrate using distilled water. If dirty, would do it again a few months down the road.

What problems are you chasing down with these Liqui Moly Products? Is the rad leaking? If so, would suggest the the cleaner might make matters worse. I would have maybe just changed the coolant with a premixed product or a concentrate using distilled water. If dirty, would do it again a few months down the road.
It was partially to display the use of the product, curiosity of what a flush would do to my 19 year old cooling system, and preventative maintenance.

Distilled, de-ionized or reverse osmosis treated water is the only way to go with mixing your own coolant. Much better off just using pre-mix coolants unless you're buying bulk.

Premix sucks if you ever do a flush. I got so much coolant though as Old World Industries basically gives it away with rebates at Farm and Fleet. Some 100% and some 50/50%

My rain water has a pH of around 6.5 and part per million of solids around 12 or so. Then I filter it. If you're really concerned a shot of H2O2 per gallon will purify it of any organic matter.

Back