License Plate Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your state allows them, what type do you have on your vehicles if you do? In summer, I have on thin black frames on front, and black "perimeter" frames on the back of our cars.
In winter I put clear covers on the tags.

Mine says "Easy does it" on top of the frame and "One day at a time" across the bottom.
Good advice that I seldom heed.
tongue.gif

P.B. (Take my advice, I'm not using it !!)

I dont like them...

Why? They block out the "New Jersey" and "The Garden State" that is on my plate...

Stupid? maybe... but when Im travelling or see new license plates, i like to be able to read what state theyre from... often the frames block the info out... So I like to display my plate in all its glory.

Im from NJ, and proud of it!

JMH

I Can see your point, but with Oklahoma tags, Oklahoma is on top and on the bottom my plate frame, I have only one thing that really matters....
University of Oklahoma. Need I say more???

Mine are top-of-the-line stainless steel, with a plastic plate cover. I got tired of replacing those cheap plastic frames, so decided to go first class.

They give a 'finished' look to the vehicle rear, IMHO.

And the hold-down screws must be properly torqued, of course.....
grin.gif

I put a chromed one on my license, so that I could add a chromed lip under it for use as a trunk handle. Looks nice and keeps me from putting my dirty hand on my clean trunk, or risking scratching the paint.

-- Paul W.

New car dealers here install frames with their name on them. I remove them as soon as my plates arrive. I do have a "Parrot Head" frame on the BMW.

I still hate it when you buy a new car and specifically ask them not to put their stupid dealer stickers on the trunk. I take them off immeadiately.

I love my chromed 100% brass camaro plate
smile.gif
. It says CAMARO at the bottom with camaro symbols and just looks classy and not tacky. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't use one.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
I still hate it when you buy a new car and specifically ask them not to put their stupid dealer stickers on the trunk. I take them off immeadiately.

Why would you even take delivery of a car that had been defaced that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back