Leveling kits for 2013 GMC 2500HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of buying a 2" leveling kit for my 2013 GMC 2500HD truck.
All of the dealers and manufacturers state there will be adverse effects to the longevity of the ball joints etcetera, I can hear my dad of blessed memory from 40
years ago talking about lifted trucks and how it damages everything in the driveline and suspension.

I don't want a "Monster Truck", just want to get rid of the rake, and level it out 2", so the front end is the same height as
the rear.

Anyone with real world experience, that has used the leveling keys on their torsion bar equipped GMs?
I don't want to buy tires, ball joints before their time.
Thanks NewB, Mark

Last edited:
asphaltbouncer said:
Thinking of buying a 2" leveling kit for my 2013 GMC 2500HD truck.
All of the dealers and manufacturers state there will be no adverse effects to the longevity of the ball joints etcetera, I hear my dad of blessed memory from 40
years ago talking about lifted trucks and how it damages everything in the driveline and suspension.

I don't want a "Monster Truck", just want to get rid of the rake, and level it out 2", so the front end is the same height as
the rear.

Anyone with real world experience, that has used the leveling keys on their torsion bar equipped GMs?
I don't want to buy tires, ball joints before their time.
Thanks NewB, Mark
IC XC
NI KA

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.
Ready lift has good reputation.
Looking to hear from guys who
Have a lot of miles put on their trucks after placing
a leveling kit on it.
Mark

welcome2.gif
to BITOG.
Look's like you got your answer already.

Double posting...... It happens
coffee2.gif

Why not use lowering shackles in the rear? I looked into them for my truck, they are cheap and unless you load it up to the max should work fine.

I don't understand buying a 3/4 ton truck made for hauling and hamstringing it from the get go by leveling it.

The factory rake is there so it sits level when loaded.

Level it out and then load it down and your headlights will be pointing at the sky.

If you have to make it level,I'd drop the rear instead od raising the front.

My truck has the leveling keys on the torsion bars and nothing is wrong with it. Mine is 2004 so its not quite the same set up. No weird tire wear or anything out of the ordinary with it.

As far as lowering the rear, you could but lifting the front opens up options like bigger tires if you want to plus with a 2500 it needs an awful lot in the bed to make it squat.I have air bags in the rear so when I have a heavy trailer I can level it off that way.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
I don't understand buying a 3/4 ton truck made for hauling and hamstringing it from the get go by leveling it.

The factory rake is there so it sits level when loaded.

Level it out and then load it down and your headlights will be pointing at the sky.

If you have to make it level,I'd drop the rear instead od raising the front.

For those of us that use our trucks as trucks lift over height with the bed sides and tailgate are more important than stance and big wheels. Lifting a 200 pound generator up another few inch's is not my idea of fun, and I'm past the point where I have to prove my strength.

I have never really noticed a headlight problem but it could be easily solved with headlight adjusters, its a shame no truck manufacture includes such a handy feature.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.
I figured it would take a heck of a load to make the rear end squat. I am looking at the Firestone bags for the rear, to beef it up for heavier loads.
This truck will be used in ranching, and for towing our camper, 9,500 #s.
Mark

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Stewart Fan said:

For those of us that use our trucks as trucks lift over height with the bed sides and tailgate are more important than stance and big wheels. Lifting a 200 pound generator up another few inch's is not my idea of fun, and I'm past the point where I have to prove my strength.

I have never really noticed a headlight problem but it could be easily solved with headlight adjusters, its a shame no truck manufacture includes such a handy feature.

I think a good option for heavy generators, without having to worry about tailgate and bedside height, would be a 3/4 or 1 Ton van. You don't have a tailgate, you have a side door(s)., no heavy lifting there.

Stick a soccer ball sticker on 1 back window,a stick-figure Family sticker on the other and bask in the glory that is your explicit, yet sublime Manhood.

I would get a van, but it won't fit In my mom's driveway, and it would block what little daylight streams through the basement window, while I'm playing an internet-tough-guy.

I have airbags with nipples next to the trailer hitch to change the air pressure to level my rear when I put on my truck camper.
Mine is 2500 CC LB Diesel. Works fine.
But my girls complain of the ride being too harsh empty, I am thinking of losing the leafs and going with air suspension, expensive but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back