Genuine Toyota Inner Axle Grease Equivanlent?

I have a similar question, and I joined to ask it here! 🤓

I am about to reboot a few Toyota OEM CVs using non factory boots, sourcing greases, etc. on my own.

Looking for grease for the inner tulip/tripod joints. Seems like non-moly NLGI 1 is the spec unlike the outer birfield/CV joint (moly NLGI 2) - which I found 3oz packets of easily online.

With this thread, and some other research, I was thinking about Mobil XHP 221 (NLGI 1 rated) for the inner, tripod joint. Would that work?

I have a similar question, and I joined to ask it here! 🤓

I am about to reboot a few Toyota OEM CVs using non factory boots, sourcing greases, etc. on my own.

Looking for grease for the inner tulip/tripod joints. Seems like non-moly NLGI 1 is the spec unlike the outer birfield/CV joint (moly NLGI 2) - which I found 3oz packets of easily online.

With this thread, and some other research, I was thinking about Mobil XHP 221 (NLGI 1 rated) for the inner, tripod joint. Would that work?

*EDIT*

Look for a non-moly for the inner tripod

Lithium will work as long as you don't mix it with the original polyurea

In my case, I just wanted to add grease without having to remove the axle for cleaning, so I went on the hunt for a polyurea
20240106_174713.jpg

I thought the NLGI 0 Corn Head might be too thin, but I put over 1500 miles on since filling it up (original boots) and it hasn't leaked a drop

Last edited:
Back