Let's talk beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm big fan of the Micro-Beers and local only (since there is a good variety around here, which I assume is the same pretty much everywhere now days). Beer of choice lately is "Cold Smoke" made by a local brewer called "The Kettlehouse", a nice heavier Scottish Ale.

They have a nice little website also,

The Kettlehouse
20.gif

Originally Posted By: ZR2grizz
I'm big fan of the Micro-Beers and local only (since there is a good variety around here, which I assume is the same pretty much everywhere now days). Beer of choice lately is "Cold Smoke" made by a local brewer called "The Kettlehouse", a nice heavier Scottish Ale.

They have a nice little website also,

The Kettlehouse
20.gif

The smoke connection!!

Quote:
Olde Bongwater Hemp Porter also won a gold medal at the 2008 NABA brewfest. We add pelletized industrial hemp to our most notorious brew. Seasoned beer drinkers will detect a slight nutty or grainy flavor emanating from the approximately 1/2 pound of hemp seeds per 16 gal keg. This Porter is a rich, chocolatey, robust style porter. 5.5% abv; 25 IBUs

Fresh Bongwater Pale Ale is made with Montana grown barley and Canadian grown industrial hemp making it a smooth drinking light ale. The hemp seeds lend a slight nutty flavor to the beer but don’t worry; there is no measurable THC in this brew (a local Missoula lab actually sat around and tested this). Caramel malts are added to enhance head retention and contribute sweetness. Great for parties where mass appeal is desired. 5% abv; 22 IBUs.

This weekend I tried two different Three Floyd's brews: Mokolo Milk Stout and Black Sun, neither can you see thru.

The Milk Stout was EXCELLENT! Next to no bitterness, just rich & smooth. A true sipping beer.

Black Sun is more bitter and coffee tasting. Very good.

Left Hand BC out of Colorado makes a fantastic milk stout. If you haven't, you should try it out when you get the chance; I bet you'd like it.
11.gif

Knocking back a Paulaner Salvator Double Bock right now.

The bottle has a picture on the front. It looks like there's a monk and a nobleman standing at a table. The monk is sliding a stein across the table to the nobleman. The monk has this mischievous look on his face as if to say, "You're gonna get wrecked." The nobleman has a smug grin like, "It'll take more than that, you old monk."

Good stuff. Very bold flavor with very little bitterness. I GIVE IT A TEN!

While I'm here, has anybody heard of a 'Bud Light Wheat' or something similar? There's a rumor going around that such a beast exists.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sparkplug
www.saranac.com

All I drink.

Probably my favorite brewery period. I have a 12 pack of the IPA and a 12 pack of the Trail Mix in my beer stash ready to go. I'm also anxiously awaiting the winter sampler pack..

This beer was "on sale" at the local gov't controlled liquor distribution oligopoly. A mere $3 ... yes, for one. But it's a good beer. Definitely taste the scotch too.

img_6523.jpg

Trying this right now...

india-pale-ale.jpg

Quite a bit more bitter than what I was trying in the recent past, but nice nonetheless. Nice fruity smell.

This hour's beer: Shiner Commemorator
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/shiner-100-commemorator/97585/22646/
Quite tasty, barely bitter, fully enjoyable. Makes you want a 2nd & 3rd as the taste is pleasant & it goes down smooth.
97585.jpg

Earlier today, Three Floyd's Alpha King Pale Ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/39/
Excellent Brew!
Alpha_King_2004_showdown_table-large.jpg

A couple months ago, my cousin had Bell's Two Hearted Ale on tap: http://www.bellsbeer.com/brands/info/2 both this one an Alpha King are fantastic brews and very close in taste, clean, crisp, tasty, etc.
BellsTwoHearted.jpg

I'm drinking Schlitz High Gravity at the moment - one of my brothers friends couldn't handle it, so he gave me the better part of a case.

37.gif

8.5% ABV. I've had 5 of them and I'm knocked out...

Just had some Chimay the other night, enjoyed that. TOnight I bought a bottle of flying fish "exit 1", which is a NJ beer, made with Delaware bay oysters amongst other things. THis is a new series that will be highlighting ingredients native to various parts of the state. I think that is kind of neat... Will wait for a good occasion to drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back