The $119 Nespresso Machine and pod thoughts

Usually under the sink in the kitchen next to the recycling container. If the bag gets full before I'm ready to go to the UPS outlet, I just put it in the trunk of my car. I order a few recycling bags at a time so there's always an empty one available.

That'd be ideal. All that real estate in my place is spoken for.

I'd have to do what Inked does - move it to the garage where an interim recycling tub already sits, so it wouldn't be to bad.

House probably does 8-10 large cups a day, so every 10-20 days I'd have to make a run, or just dump it in my own trash and pay the freight.

We had a Nespresso for about 5 years that started leaking a couple of weeks ago so we had to toss it. While not as good as an independent coffee shop, it did make very good tasting coffee very quickly. Our favorite flavor was the Vanilla Custard.

Her's my thoughts on the matter. When I get the urge to have Esspresso, I go to my fridge and pull out my Starbucks Esspresso Americana that I got at the grocery store for $6.25. I pour some into a 10 oz. cup and heat it in the micro for 2 minutes.
Since I don't fill the cup, I use about 6 ounces for each drink. So I get about 7 cups for $6.25.
So for that $119.00 I can get 133 cups of espressso, which does not include the cost of the beans or pods or whatever they use.

The coffee tastes good to me.
It's not my daily brew, but for something a little different, it fills the bill.

Her's my thoughts on the matter. When I get the urge to have Esspresso, I go to my fridge and pull out my Starbucks Esspresso Americana that I got at the grocery store for $6.25. I pour some into a 10 oz. cup and heat it in the micro for 2 minutes.
Since I don't fill the cup, I use about 6 ounces for each drink. So I get about 7 cups for $6.25.
So for that $119.00 I can get 133 cups of espressso, which does not include the cost of the beans or pods or whatever they use.

The coffee tastes good to me.
It's not my daily brew, but for something a little different, it fills the bill.
Main thing is what YOU like and consider affordable for what it is. My take on it is I have spent a decent amount in equipment, but with typical preventive maintenance/cleaning this setup will last the rest of my life and perform very well in the process. Doing my own roasting my average cost per top notch/incredibly fresh 'double shot' is around .40. That's factoring in the cost of green coffee/shipping/weight loss during roasting as well as a bit for electricity. If I was still buying roasted coffee from a capable commercial roastery I'd be paying .75-80 per double shot on average. To put a real spin on that, if I was to go to a shop for my daily fix the average cost in this area is $2-2.50 per double shot. Not to mention I've yet to visit any shop that was worth a repeat visit for the type of espresso I crave and achieve at home. SO... going to a shop daily for just 1 year would cost what my entire setup has and that will last/perform indefinitely.

Score. Free. Try my own coffee now!

IMG_6519.jpeg

Man what a hit this machine was over the holidays. Guests were hitting it like a loose ATM machine.

Pretty sure there will be 4 or 5 new purchases!

I do 2-3-4 pods a day. Uh-oh!
Same here. Everyone that tries it really enjoys it. The only thing, nitpicking as it may be, is the descaling procedure. Just wish it was a little more intuitive so I wouldn’t have to learn it over again each time.

Peet's - will try some others tomorrow so stay tuned. Got some 8's and 9's coming today. Have not tried, nor could I find any decaf from Peet's
@Pablo Did you find the decaf Nespresso from Peet's?

Back