Lets talk about new vehicles

After waiting for Audi to release the '23 RS5 Coupe with the Competition Package option, I placed an order for one with a dealer in OR last November (the WA state Audi dealers either didn't have an allocation, or wanted me to pay ADM - Ha!).

Once I was notified it arrived at the dealer on April 19th, I drove down to OR with the Mrs. in my 2017 Infiniti Q60, traded it in, picked up the Audi, drove it back home, and then last week Monday I took it to a local auto salon/detailer for application of XPEL PPF, XPEL Ceramic, and Ceramic Window Tint. With a 12-hr cure necessary for the Ceramic Coat, I picked it up yesterday.

Pics from the dealer before I took delivery:
Delivery_3.jpg

Delivery_2.jpg

Delivery_10.jpg
Delivery_7.jpg

Delivery_8.jpg

Looking forward to putting many miles on it this summer, and take it to a few HPDEs at the local tracks. It's pretty much track ready out-of-the-box (i.e., factory adj. coilovers, larger sway bars, LW Wheels, Pirelli Corsa tires, etc.) - I just need to get past the 1k mile break-in period before I can use all the rpms.

Last edited:
+2

That blue is awesome! And the silver wheels (hurray, they're not black!) really pop.
Thanks. It's called Ascari Blue, and it 1st appeared on the '21 RS5 Launch Editions. Only 25 coupes (and 100 sportbacks) were exported to the US that year in that color, so when Audi offered this color for '23, along with the Competition Package, yeah, I was sold.

I had this jerk in an old mustang tailgate me so close on a back road I could see his teeth..no joke. No shoulder to get over on.
He then passes me on a solid line and as he went by I gave him the death look.
A few minutes later he is at a stop sign jammed up by a line of cars as I neatly tuck behind him.
Guess what he does next...?
He reaches across the passengers seat to manually lock the door. You know you are a jerk when you do that .
I only mentioned it because it just happened 10 minutes ago.

I had this jerk in an old mustang tailgate me so close on a back road I could see his teeth..no joke. No shoulder to get over on.
He then passes me on a solid line and as he went by I gave him the death look.
A few minutes later he is at a stop sign jammed up by a line of cars as I neatly tuck behind him.
Guess what he does next...?
He reaches across the passengers seat to manually lock the door. You know you are a jerk when you do that .
I only mentioned it because it just happened 10 minutes ago.

All old guys in Mustangs are jerks. 😱😂

You must look dangerous yourself. 😎

Back