Lets talk about new vehicles

@KCJeep

Any updates on the green hornet?

Already rolled over 1k a few days ago. I'm determined to 100% daily drive this thing and so far I have with no issues, even used it to haul some gas for the boat on Saturday. It's doing everything I need it to, and I'm getting 25/26 mpg overall in general use. If I start flogging it considerably less. :p

Totally different kind of car than what I've been used to driving. It's been fun.

I'm supposed to have a front plate, trying to decide how compliant I'm going to be on that, mostly determined by how local law enforcement sees the issue. I had my temp tag but now I've got my real plates so.....:unsure:

Mitsubishi Ralliarts are a bomb. Seeing $3k off without negotiating.
Is that even a big deal? Neighbor just bought a new outback for $3k off Msrp with no add-on’s, the market is back to “normal” for some brands.

Is that even a big deal? Neighbor just bought a new outback for $3k off Msrp with no add-on’s, the market is back to “normal” for some brands.
$3k is before haggling...
During CV19 I bought the orange OLS shown here for $19,997... Included all dealer fees but not taxes...now I can't get anywhere close to that...nowhere. it had 6 miles on it and I bought it in Green Bay Wisconsin...

I can get serious deals on Subarus..

I corrected the price on Edit.......

Last edited:
Here Ford is still playing the squeeze game.
It depends where you are and the origin of the vehicle I suppose.
Too many dealers are still dreaming of the golden days it seems.

So much for the tanking market. This was on a 2020 f250 7.3l Petro ..
Screenshot_20230602-132103~2.jpg

Dealers (and some manufacturers) are intentionally trying to keep the crazy market pumped up. 👎

Since some are breaking from the ranks I do believe their hand will be forced soon.

interestingly to me, I just checked a couple car values I take care of and they have dropped quite a bit in the last 2 weeks (Carvana offer that I check periodically)

Bill

interestingly to me, I just checked a couple car values I take care of and they have dropped quite a bit in the last 2 weeks (Carvana offer that I check periodically)

Bill
I had my Jetta plugged in before I traded it, in March and April the offers were creeping up. Maybe the market is finally softening.

I've noticed this give and take in prices for those cars I watch since January...currently my CTS Sport Wagon has dropped lower than I would tase or sell but about 2 weeks ago the number was almost high enough for me to sell...

I hope these crazy prices do stabilize sometime soon...

Bill

nothing wrong with Mitsubishis, they make decent cars for cheap. I've always been slightly interested in a manual mirage. it's so simple and underpowered that on paper, it should last a long time.

nothing wrong with Mitsubishis, they make decent cars for cheap. I've always been slightly interested in a manual mirage. it's so simple and underpowered that on paper, it should last a long time.
I am a long time fan. I have had many. I have a OLS fetish...I bought 4 since 2014...
Would love to buy another new one but they are scarce and the prices are out of line these days. I suspect they may discontinue them soon ????

World car too, have to figure, spare parts availability will be good for some time to come.

Life was great with the Mitsubishi sports as they took garden variety oil and never complained. Port injected goodness and the old 7317 Fram real deal Ultra. You reached under the front bumper and unspun it and no underbody crap to take off. Top extraction and no ramps...
Fram old day goodness out to 24k miles and they looked new...oh well...

Back