Lets talk about Bourbon

I have tried all the low to mid priced Bourbons I could find.
I also have had a few of the higher priced boutique Bourbons.
Heres my take.
Low priced- Ancient Age. Pretty good for the price point.
Mid price- Jim Beam white label.I like it
Higher price- Jim Beam Black label. I think its as good as any Bourbon at any price.
Most unique- Evan Williams-Just tastes totally different from any other Bourbon.
Best Bourbon to clean your cars engine-Old Grand Dad. This stuff is just plain nasty.
You hit the nail on the head with Evan Williams. Its good on the rocks and awesome with Diet Coke. And I must emphasize Diet Coke. Just something btwn the two tastes great to me.

I’d put Buffalo Trace even tough to beat in a under $50 dollar category IMHO.
One of these days I'll try a $50 bottle of bourbon, so that I have some point of reference. :) BT has been hard to find around here ever since the virus hit and national alcohol consumption went up, hence my eagerness to try other under $30 bourbons. The 1792 SB just barely made it at $29.99. :)

One of these days I'll try a $50 bottle of bourbon, so that I have some point of reference. :) BT has been hard to find around here ever since the virus hit and national alcohol consumption went up, hence my eagerness to try other under $30 bourbons. The 1792 SB just barely made it at $29.99. :)
is it 21 year old Pappy ahh no but you no what you need to get to the 60 80 dollar bottle to really tell a difference to the BT and I'm being flat out honest

if you can't find Blanton's, ask for Eagle Rare. both from BT in Frankfort.
smooth, with a bit of water, or ice

Last edited:
Bourbon whiskey and I have regular Jim Beam too

Attachments

• 73F4F693-0FDE-4E36-97BF-B9887DA4C719.jpeg
    73F4F693-0FDE-4E36-97BF-B9887DA4C719.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 17
I tried Wellers today for the first time and enjoyed it. I usually drink Evan Williams and sometimes Makers Mark.

Finally had a chance to open a bottle of this. Very nice, although I wouldn't say it's better than Buffalo Trace. Maybe my palette is not sophisticated enough.

L7crC42l.jpg

i'vce tried a lot of them, Buffalo trace wins for me, then eagle rare, then old Weller antique, then Blantons.
with Buffalo trace being my frequent drinker, and the others for better occasions.
the top of the line i drink is either Blantons or Weller antique.

Another Buffalo Trace vote here.

If I can’t find Buffalo trace I usually pick up a bottle of four roses single barrel.

Eagle Rare is great for the price point. Being from Kentucky originally Bourbon is best from there. Living in Colorado now so many start-up "Colorado Bourbon " makers around just aren't the same

One of the best values in bourbon are single barrel 'store picks' of Knob Creek. Some being over 15 years old and only usually costing a little over $40. You can also find single barrel store picks of Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare fairly regularly. A relatively new contender out of Newport KY is New Riff, their single barrel picks of their bourbon can be stellar.

EWSB is great value being in the low 20's. KCSB is great if you can find a Store Pick, otherwise it is just good.

Slightly less of a value seeing at a KCSB Store Pick can be had for $42-50 in most places and is higher proof and older bourbon some picks being 15 Years old.

Back