Left hand doesn't know what the right hand does

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rather interesting to see that posters in other Bob's oil sites are using really short OCI for Mobil 1 and other good synthetics. Like, don't they ever read the bypass sites comments on filters and extending those intervals? And, there's lots of hype and questionable hypotheses being aired by posters and one must caveat emptor. Be real careful in how you interpret the words of these experts.

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by msjanket:
It's rather interesting to see that posters in other Bob's oil sites .

What other oil sites??

quote:

Like, don't they ever read the bypass sites comments

What bypass sites??

quote:

And, there's lots of hype and questionable hypotheses being aired by posters and one must caveat emptor.

caveat emptor??

quote:

Be real careful in how you interpret the words of these experts.

Sorry just don't know what your post means. Not being critical but I doubt you'll get answers if noone doesn't understand post.
cheers.gif

I am incredibly boggled that you can't decipher what I wrote. Amazed... I referred, if you read, that other sections on the bob is the oil guy, are the sites of concern. Bypass sites, etc. I find this amazing, utterly amazing. How many other sites do you know that discuss bypass filters??

Amazed, sorry and not to demean you, I am amazed

Mike

quote:

I am incredibly boggled that you can't decipher what I wrote. Amazed... ... How many other sites do you know that discuss bypass filters??

Amazed, sorry and not to demean you, I am amazed

Mike

I think this is the Bob is the Oil Guy SITE . You may be referring to the several forums found here.

I do not know of any other sites that discuss these topics, either. For that reason I understood why he didn't understand you.

Let's get rid of some of the additives and refine this to a base oil...

~It's interesting to read that many people use short OCI's while using synthetics, considering there are many comments in the "Bypass Filter" forum suggesting they could use longer OCI's. Also, many people have differing opinions, so be careful with this advice since it's your engine and not theirs.~

Okay.

All that being said (post edit), I greatly appreciate the various opinions and information I get from the BITOG website. Without it, I would have to base my purchases solely upon what I read on the back of oil bottles and filter boxes.

That would probably mean whichever oil is on sale and Fram filters for the life of my vehicles.

Now everyone knows that you have to be careful of advice from people you've never really met. But that's why you question them, that's why you look at UOA's, and that's why you identify what works for you and you share it here. I've only been posting here for a month and I've already received some very detailed, indepth messages from people that I'm pretty sure took more than a few minutes from their day to help me.

That's the sort of thing that "I am amazed" by.

C.T.

[ October 23, 2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Crack_Tan ]

I think most people here are trying to do the best for their vehicle(s) and many use synthetics and drain more often than is optimal to max out life of oil. Once they find this site { internally questioning the true value of what they are doing}they start extending out oil changes out 1 or 2 thousand miles which is good. As regular-dino- oils become improved due to better re-fining methods, some are switching back or at least going the blend route. Using a synthetic, with 15,000 mile drain intervals on a new vehicle would take most on this board 10 or 12 years to see if they are RIGHT. And no, I do not want to mess with sampling even though my fleet is fully " FUMOTOED".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back