Lambo Murcielago RLI at 1,800 mi., 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AEHaas
8/28/07 Sears Platinum Diehard.1-30-09 Interstate MT 34 - 72 Mo Batt.,
............aehaas

Wow, already on your 3rd battery in only 6 years.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
8/28/07 Sears Platinum Diehard.1-30-09 Interstate MT 34 - 72 Mo Batt.,
............aehaas

Wow, already on your 3rd battery in only 6 years.

Florida heat is as murderous, if not more than Minn cold on batteries. Maybe with the lack of use if they used a battery tender/minder when the car is not in use the battery would last longer. Just a thought.

Whimsey

Do they make "tropical" batteries? Back when you got batteries dry, you could order the acid in a specific gravity for hotter climates. It was slightly weaker, iirc.

Sears diehard Platinum has a 48 month totally free replacement period and a 100 month prorated warranty......why not take it back for a FREE brand new one??????

My Toyota has it's OEM Panasonic and it is 6 years old and going strong! I had to top it off with distilled water when it was 6 months old and not at all since!

Battery companies ship their batteries regional so hot climates have hot weather batteries and cold climates get the cold versions!

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Battery companies ship their batteries regional so hot climates have hot weather batteries and cold climates get the cold versions!

Yup. Usually its contained within the part number.
Mine is a WalMart MAXX-65N. Southern would be MAXX-65S.

Hold on a second. It looks like transmission and gear oils have been changed 3 times in 9600 miles in 5 years? My Unimog U500 with the camper isn't exactly a cheap vehicle; but I have only changed the diffs and portals once and plan to change the transmission and portals next summer; it currently is 3.4 years old with 33K miles. And I ford rivers with it.
I think changing trans and diffs every 3200 miles is quite un-necessary, especially in your environment.

Charlie

I'll say. You should tell them that you're going to go even thinner when you get time ...just to frost them some more.

8/28/07 Sears Platinum Diehard.

I'd love to see how that conversation went.

aehaas: I need a battery for my Lamborghini.

Sears guy: I don't see a Lamborghini section in this here parts catalog...

AEHass, I am glad you posted this. I have 5 Lamborghini's in the garage and I have been stumped on what oil to run.
29.gif
smirk2.gif
smirk2.gif
smirk2.gif

The oil usually runs at 90 C, as high as maybe 100 C at most. And it takes 20 min. to get up to temperature. Our drive to work is 20 min. so the car gets revved up while still in the colder, start up period.

aehaas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back