Kudos to my Ford Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have a tire sensor repaired there. the service tech asks me if I want anything else done. The oil and filter is due. So in weak moment I said yeah change the oil. 5 qts of MC semi Syn and an MC filter costs me retail 27.50 oil + 8 filter= $35.
Here's what they charged me $2.40/qt for the MC oil and $5.5o for the MC filter. and 15 minutes of labor.
With all the bad comments on the different forums about "stealers" (I hate that term, dealers are just struggling to make payroll) I wanted to high light a good experience.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Sounds like you have a "rare" exceptional dealer experience. You should buy him lunch

Exactly!

most impressive! per Bluestream: I took 3 pizzas to my indy one day last year when he had 3 guys spend an inordinate amount of time diagnosing a vibration and he charged me some paltry amount.

15 minutes of labor is how much? I'm guessing $25 or a little more.

Any shop supply fee?

You paid $17.50 for the materials.

Based on what we know, I can only guess your total to be around $42.50 before tax.

For a semi-syn oil change, that is neither deserving kudos nor is it a rip-off. It's about fair.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Sounds like you have a "rare" exceptional dealer experience. You should buy him lunch

A couple of months ago I went to Gus Machadeo Ford in Miami..I was bringing a friend back there to get his car after they fixed his a/c..I decided to let them change my oil while I was there..They charged me 60 bucks for 6 quarts of Motocrcraft Full Synthetic and Motorcraft Filter.They checked everything out and said I needed nothing else..I was in and out in less then 30 minutes..I was stood by the car while they worked on it and no one told me to leave the service area and sit in the waiting room..They also had good food there.

Unfortunately this kind of service is VERY RARE down here..For the most part down here I have had to deal with stealerships.

There are a lot of good dealers out there, sure there are some bad apples but that goes for independents and other industries also.

Originally Posted By: GhostFlame
I had to have a tire sensor repaired there. the service tech asks me if I want anything else done. The oil and filter is due. So in weak moment I said yeah change the oil. 5 qts of MC semi Syn and an MC filter costs me retail 27.50 oil + 8 filter= $35.
Here's what they charged me $2.40/qt for the MC oil and $5.5o for the MC filter. and 15 minutes of labor.
With all the bad comments on the different forums about "stealers" (I hate that term, dealers are just struggling to make payroll) I wanted to high light a good experience.

What is name of this dealership so other people here can find a honest dealer [in your area] if they have a issue and want a honest dealer to check it out for them?

Most dealers have low cost oil changes - its everything else thats costs a body part
smile.gif

When I was living in New Jersey both Wayne Lincoln Mercury and Town Motors in Englewood were both good to deal with.

Rocland Lincoln Mercury in West Nyack was a nightmare.

I took my Ranger in to Stoneham Ford (Mass) for vibrations caused by my own stupidity (playing around with Rims off craigslist).

They weren't going to charge me since nothing was really done on their part, but I insisted they charge me something since they threw it on a lift and the tech spent some time on it.

So there are some good places still out there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Most dealers have low cost oil changes - its everything else thats costs a body part
smile.gif

My son has a 2 month old Fiesta. He cut his rear tire turning too sharp around a corner so he needed a new tire. He went to the Ford dealer and they charged him $91 for a new tire, mounted, balanced and N2. Sears was $30 more. I think I will start buying tires from this dealer from now on... or at least give them first opportunity to have my business. Ford must be making some changes for the better.

I have had a lot better experiences with Ford dealers and I have yet had to pay for any work from Ford. Ford service has stood behind their factory warranty and not even had me show a single maintenance receipt and when I have called to make a service appointment each and every time at the Ford dealerships I have visited both took my vehicle in made the repairs ahead of schedule. If you have followed me long enough you know there is a couple of dealerships from other companies that I have not had as good of luck. I will leave it at that.

I have been very impressed with Ford since the purchase of a 2011 Mustang. I had always been a Toyota/Honda person. When I bought a 2007 Tundra I noticed that they now have a very condescending attitude. I am much more impressed with Ford than Toyota. Ford is the only American car company I will buy from. Have to respect the refusal of taxpayer bailouts/bankruptcies.

Originally Posted By: troyh
I have been very impressed with Ford since the purchase of a 2011 Mustang. I had always been a Toyota/Honda person. When I bought a 2007 Tundra I noticed that they now have a very condescending attitude. I am much more impressed with Ford than Toyota. Ford is the only American car company I will buy from. Have to respect the refusal of taxpayer bailouts/bankruptcies.

Make a quick search on Google about Ford and bailout money over the years. You might feel differently. They have all gotten money over the years and makes no one company better than the other. Who cares if it's out money, wouldn't you rather it stay in America instead of being shipped overseas helping everyone else instead of our own people. Just my two cents.

McGrath Honda - St. Charles, IL. Never had a problem. They have always fixed any issues the first time, every time. They are pricey, but I will pay a few extra bucks to get it right. Highly recommended.

In my area, I recommend Town North Nissan, Austin, Tx and Round Rock Nissan. They do an excellent job fixing my 2000 Nissan Frontier. I have used an independent mechanic to fix my Nissan, however, the independent put in Dayco? fanbelts and AC/Delco fanbelts and within 500 miles of driving the belts began to squeal. The mechanic shop tried several times to fix the problem without success. Finally, I took the vehicle to Town North and they put on genuine Nissan fanbelts, problem solved, and I have gone to that dealership ever since to get it repaired. They are an excellent dealership, in my opinion. Pricey but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back