Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: Mystic

It is almost like a computer somewhere that has a certain data bank of bad or false information.

There, I fixed it for you.
laugh.gif

Hehehe. Love it. Truer words couldn't be "fixed".
Great job kc

Originally Posted By: V8man
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: V8man
Kreen

Internal Engine Cleaner - Improves Performance
Guaranteed to improve your engines performance. When added to
either the gas or oil of your engine, Kreen dissolves the carbon deposit
buildups and varnishing to Improve Compression · Increase Gas Mileage
Reduce Downtime · Restore Power By thoroughly cleaning the rings, valve, and fuel injectors - Kreen gives new life back in any gas or diesel engine.
Money Back Guarantee

My friend has a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro that has some oil consumption issues, he did a compression test and told me that 3 of his cylinders were low on compression.

It seems like Kreen might work for my friend and this product does have a money back guarantee, not many oil additives have money back guarantees, should my friend give Kreen a shot.

Your friend should give it a shot. It works, has a real guarantee that will cover him if he isn't satisfied, no questions asked, no B_S. ZERO risk to him!

If he uses it post the results.

With the Compression Issue, should Kreen be used in the fuel and the oil, or just in the oil?

If compression improvement is the goal I would use the Tri-Kreen approach: use in oil, gas, and do a piston soak with the stuff.

Latest flyer now has "shipping and handling" at $21! Does KranoLabs use diplomatic pouch courier service? How else do they justify this charge?

As much as I love their penetrating lubricant (works 10x better then WD-40!) I'm starting to dislike Kano Labs. I just got off the phone with a tech, after inquiring about Kreen and how long I should run it... He said a couple hundred miles to allow the product to circulate through the engine and clean as much as it can and then he recommends I change the oil as Kreen thins down the oil and "that can't be good"
I'm been running the same oil, loaded with several doses of Kreen (a quart total) for 2,500 miles now (previously did a 3,000 mile OCI with Kreen). I'm now a little concerned about what this juice did to my engine as it sure as heck didn't clean much... Are there any UOAs with Kreen in the oil? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Anyone know?

whats wrong with the instructions on the can?
Who knows who or what your getting on the phone, it might be the guy in the warehouse.
I ran it in a car 3 doses over 6K total and the engine has had no issues since then 3 years ago.

Who knows. I asked him the same thing, that the instructions say to add a pint every 1,000 miles. Does that mean keep on running the same oil and add more Kreen every 1k or change the oil after running Kreen for 1k and add another pint to the fresh fill? That's when he mentioned the oil thinning down from Kreen and that they recommend only running it a few hundred miles.
21.gif

I don't like a company that doesn't know what to recommend and what is safe or not, so I won't be using Kreen anymore unless my valve train will be clean after I finish this interval...

I only run it for 1K or 1500 with cheap dino and dump it, my own decision but adding to the mix at 1K with Kreen isn't going to hurt.
I said earlier in this tread i didn't think it would work at removing it and gave you a way to test it.

I think the stain is in the metal. I doubt anything can remove that short of manual cleaning with some real strong acidic chemicals.
So saying i will never use this brand of laundry detergent because it didn't remove the dye from my clothes is a bit over the top IMHO.

Again..
Spray or drop a little carb cleaner on a small spot. If the varnish liquefies Kreen can remove it, if it doesn't it wont.
If the engine is running fine and there is no sludge i wouldn't bother manually cleaning anything either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav

Spray or drop a little carb cleaner on a small spot. If the varnish liquefies Kreen can remove it, if it doesn't it wont.
If the engine is running fine and there is no sludge i wouldn't bother manually cleaning anything either.

Be careful Trav, there were a few parties that actually started rumors that you and I were suggesting using Carb cleaner to clean the engine internals. All you were stating is a tiny dab of carb cleaner applied to the stain would indicate if Kreen would be able to remove it or not.

I know Artem didn't start it, and is certainly smart enough to understand what you mean. Lets say I found out through an email from a buddy of mine who no longer posts here. I just want to clear that up before these idiotic rumors start flying around again.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Latest flyer now has "shipping and handling" at $21! Does KranoLabs use diplomatic pouch courier service? How else do they justify this charge?

UPS slaps Kano with a "hazardous material" up charge. Nothing they can do about it, and the stuff is heavy to begin with.

UPS slaps Kano with a "hazardous material" up charge. Nothing they can do about it, and the stuff is heavy to begin with.

Worth every penny.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Be careful Trav, there were a few parties that actually started rumors that you and I were suggesting using Carb cleaner to clean the engine internals. All you were stating is a tiny dab of carb cleaner applied to the stain would indicate if Kreen would be able to remove it or not.

I know Artem didn't start it, and is certainly smart enough to understand what you mean. Lets say I found out through an email from a buddy of mine who no longer posts here. I just want to clear that up before these idiotic rumors start flying around again.

rotfl.gif
I can just picture you unloading a few cans of carb / brake cleaner all over the valvetrain! Hahaha.

seriously though, I'm willing to hose down an area with carb cleaner to see if it easily removes the buildup or not. Will post pictures this evening...

I am not sure if that is indeed the case as I recall they have few items marked specifically with "hazardous material charge will apply". The $21 does NOT cover that. For example, Kreen in gallon container has that notice on it. The last time I purchased Kreen, the shipping was high compared to other stores but it definitely was NOT $21, more like $14 or something. It has been a year or more though.

The also now increased the "price" of that funnel to $21 which is worth about 21 cents or less. You do get it "free" when you buy 4 quarts.

Well I will not pay $21.00 for a funnel that is worth about .21 Cents I will tell you that! I would use own of my own funnels.

But I am tempted to try Kreen because so many people have gotten good results with it. I would use it in Pennzoil Platinum motor oil which can apparently clean well anyway.

I am not sure if that is indeed the case as I recall they have few items marked specifically with "hazardous material charge will apply". The $21 does NOT cover that. For example, Kreen in gallon container has that notice on it. The last time I purchased Kreen, the shipping was high compared to other stores but it definitely was NOT $21, more like $14 or something. It has been a year or more though.

The also now increased the "price" of that funnel to $21 which is worth about 21 cents or less. You do get it "free" when you buy 4 quarts.

Team up with a few buddies and buy at least 4 or more qts of Kreen, it takes the sting out of the shipping fees. A group buy of sorts, that's what I did with my brother. It's well worth the investment.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
How do you feel about Kreen versus MMO demarpaint? Do you think the Kreen is more effective?

It works faster, and is a better fuel system cleaner than MMO. It is better for piston soaks too. However I wouldn't run it a full 5,000 mile OCI like I've done with MMO. Also adding MMO during the winter, for engine cleaning and easier starts was always favorite thing to do for me. With Kreen I'd only do it for the last 1,000-1,500 miles of an OCI. I also like the fact that I can get MMO for less than $5 a qt. and I have a long history using the product and lots of positive results for about 4 decades and counting.

I only run it for 1K or 1500 miles with cheap dino and dump it, my own decision but adding to the mix at 1K with Kreen isn't going to hurt.

Trav, since Kreen burns off, would short trips be best instead of long trips. I was thinking of putting Kreen in my oil. I would then take the car out the next day and drive for about 30 minutes or would it be better if the car idled for 30 minutes.

I could then just do some short trip driving over the next couple of hundred miles, this way the Kreen could really circulate more before burning off.

I say it's [censored]. I did both long highway drives (500 miles) and short city driving with full doses of Kreen and didn't see much results.

Well it helped a lot as piston soak on sludged up v6 camry, same as Artems, but 99 and 5speed. So I would say 50/50, worth trying before doing expensive repairs/taking apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back