Kirkland Signature Synthetic Oil

Originally Posted by bakechad
St. Charles, IL

5W-30 only

Pennsylvania gas 5w30 only as well in store. This might be the case, country wide.

Originally Posted by harbor
Ordered mine 1/17 and it arrived yesterday with a 1/23 packaging date. Shipped direct from Warren's Council Bluff, IA facility. This is probably the freshest oil I've ever had in my stash.

Hate to burst your bubble but it's millions of years "old"!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by harbor
Ordered mine 1/17 and it arrived yesterday with a 1/23 packaging date. Shipped direct from Warren's Council Bluff, IA facility. This is probably the freshest oil I've ever had in my stash.

Mine shipped from Omaha.

Originally Posted by GaryPoe
I was at Warren here in Council Bluffs last Friday they was loading several trucks with Kirkland Signature.
cool.gif

Be careful following them Gary!
Those several trucks might kick-up rocks at your PPPP-engine windshield.

Just found this ancient thread :LOL: Anybody used this in direct injection turbo engines? Wife and I have a 2016 Chevy Trax and a 2017 Malibu. Been using Mobil 1 since they've been new, but if this is good I'm willing to try it, we each drive 20k miles a year.

Just found this ancient thread :LOL: Anybody used this in direct injection turbo engines? Wife and I have a 2016 Chevy Trax and a 2017 Malibu. Been using Mobil 1 since they've been new, but if this is good I'm willing to try it, we each drive 20k miles a year.
I think it would be a good oil for your cars.

I'll give it a try once I'm done my stash of Pennzoil Ultra (at this rate will take me 2 years to do so).

While I do like Kirkland 5W-30, my commuter Equinox with its oil-burning 2.4L 4-cylinder likes to begin burning this oil (at a higher rate) about 500 miles sooner than QSUD or Rotella GT 5W-30. Kirkland begins to be consumed at a high rate between 2500 and 3000 miles in the sump, versus 3000 to 3500 miles for the SOPUS products.

My next OCI (late winter) will be with Castrol 0W-40 and a Fram Ultra XG9018 filter. Hoping for much better performance with this combo. We'll see... I might take the OCI out to 4 or 5K miles. Might...

Purchasing a new Equinox with that DI 2.4L GM engine was a mistake on my part! Should have gone with the 6-cyl. Live and learn.

Last edited:
While I do like Kirkland 5W-30, my commuter Equinox with its oil-burning 2.4L 4-cylinder likes to begin burning this oil (at a higher rate) about 500 miles sooner than QSUD or Rotella GT 5W-30. Kirkland begins to be consumed at a high rate between 2500 and 3000 miles in the sump, versus 3000 to 3500 miles for the SOPUS products.

My next OCI (late winter) will be with Castrol 0W-40 and a Fram Ultra XG9018 filter. Hoping for much better performance with this combo. We'll see... I might take the OCI out to 4 or 5K miles. Might...

Purchasing a new Equinox with that DI 2.4L GM engine was a mistake on my part! Should have gone with the 6-cyl. Live and learn.
Interesting. Both of our cars are DI turbos and we don't have any consumption, at least with mobil 1. I need to try the kirkland's. I was just worried it might not be the best choice die to carbon build up. I'm pretty sure my old Mazdaspeed 3 suffered from carbon build up leading up to me selling it.

It really does depend on location. The Costco near me has a large homeless camp adjacent to the parking lot. A lot of car break-in's and generally all the problems one would expect happen there. The Walmart is a half mile away and similar stuff happens.

This place turns into a scene right out of the Omega Man after dark.
Yes its a direct benefit of living in Washington isn't it PimTac 🐮:poop: in a 🥫 and free!

I bought four jugs of it in the last Costco sale. The additive package looks just like SuperTech. It is in two of the rigs right now and I've not noticed any new superpowers of lower noise, lower oil burn, more HP, better gas milage, etc....etc..... I should have spent the extra $10 and gotten the "good" stuff.

I bought four jugs of it in the last Costco sale. The additive package looks just like SuperTech. It is in two of the rigs right now and I've not noticed any new superpowers of lower noise, lower oil burn, more HP, better gas milage, etc....etc..... I should have spent the extra $10 and gotten the "good" stuff.
What was the last sale? It was lower priced than $25 per 10 qts?

I was just noticing this in my Honda. I am aware that my car burns oil and when I started using the Kirklands signature, my consumption went from 1- 1.5 quarts in 5k miles to now, I have burned two quarts of oil in roughly 3k miles. I solely use the car for going around town and to Doordash.

What was the last sale? It was lower priced than $25 per 10 qts?
Yea.... it was the $22 for 10-quarts. It wasn't like the $10 that SOPUS gives you but hey.... us cheapskates can be enticed by any kind of savings. I was tempted to stock up a couple years worth but I held myself to 20-quarts.

Back