Ken Squier 1935 – 2023

Yeah Ken was a tremendous promoter of auto racing and race announcer for tv and radio… He did mess up who was in what car at times while calling a race… He was very serious when he was working on television calling races. Though he got better about that by the early to mid 1990s. I have watched many satellite feed nascar races where you get to hear the announcers while they are on commercial breaks. That’s why I know all of that.

I think the one guy who got Ken to have more fun while calling a race was Neil Bonnett. Neil was always having fun and it was infectious. That really helped Ken become more than way even after Neil died at Daytona in February 1994.

Ken Squier greatly deserved the Hall of Fame induction he had several years ago. Barney Hall, Ken Squier, Ned Jarrett, Mike Joy, Eli Gold, Jack Arute, Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons, Buddy Baker, Neil Bonnett…. All of these men did a AMAZING job on radio aka MRN, PRN, and on television calling Nascar races… These men were the greatest of ALL TIME…

Back