Jerry Springer Dies at 79

RIP

IMG_0227.jpeg

His show exposed a disturbing side of America. I sure hope the circus that was on stage wasn't more than a tiny percentage of the population. But having said that, it sure was entertaining at times and in short doses. I have to give Jerry credit for putting together a show like that which hadn't been done before.

More than one TV exec referred to shows of that ilk as "freak shows", and I tend to agree with them.

The image of the consistently stupid guests speaking consistently sloppy English is amplified when you think of the hoards of unproductive, uneducated, uninspired dolts sitting on their brains watching that dreck.

Brain rot TV is a major contributor to the state of society today.

More than one TV exec referred to shows of that ilk as "freak shows", and I tend to agree with them.

The image of the consistently stupid guests speaking consistently sloppy English is amplified when you think of the hoards of unproductive, uneducated, uninspired dolts sitting on their brains watching that dreck.

Brain rot TV is a major contributor to the state of society today.
Hey now......... @AutoMechanic was a product of that era........

Some of the "families" on the show were actually actors. He said that they tricked him, he didn't intentionally hire actors.

Jerry seems like an o.k. guy, but can't watch that kind of T.V. without a brain seizure. Con dolences to his family and firend and fans, an may he be now with the Big Guy and all that may entail.

I am lamenting the mostly unadvertised recent loss of Al Jaffee from MAD magazine and Barry Humphries aka: Dame Edna.
They provided some unique entertainment and joy and surprise over the decades.

And what's with this ubiquitous RIP?

Have some fun, let loose, tear it up! I didn't get the memo. - Ken

Jerry was smarter than he let on.

Not so street smart, he wrote a check for a prostitute when he was Mayor of Cincinnati.

When I worked Master Control I aired his show twice a day for a while there, so he put food on my table!

"I'll try anything once."

He was a lawyer, reporter and mayor of Cincinnati at one time; he was born in London during the war and the son of parents who fled the holocaust. Thought I would mention that in addition to his exposing the disturbing appetite of large groups of people on TV

Have seen the show (as stated, on sick days and haven't had many of them in my life (couple in 2014, one with COVID are my most recents)), not really a fan of the Genre....think it was a Dr. Phil that featured sibling incest 33-34 years ago that switched me off entirely.

Trust he rests in peace.

Back