Jerry Springer Dies at 79

More than one TV exec referred to shows of that ilk as "freak shows", and I tend to agree with them.

The image of the consistently stupid guests speaking consistently sloppy English is amplified when you think of the hoards of unproductive, uneducated, uninspired dolts sitting on their brains watching that dreck.

Brain rot TV is a major contributor to the state of society today.
Wish I could unsee what I just saw. Never once watched that show, but heard plenty about it. When my wife and I had children ~30 years ago we agreed that we would never have cable TV because we weren't going to PAY someone to teach our children to curse and do rotten things.
30 years later we've never once regretted our decision; and the world has gotten so bad now that they call evil good. "I'll try anything once."

Wish I could unsee what I just saw. Never once watched that show, but heard plenty about it. When my wife and I had children ~30 years ago we agreed that we would never have cable TV because we weren't going to PAY someone to teach our children to curse and do rotten things.
30 years later we've never once regretted our decision; and the world has gotten so bad now that they call evil good. "I'll try anything once."
Yes the world has gotten to be far more evil. It's just not the same anymore. At times it's frighteningly nasty.

Now that Jerry is dead and Maury is retired I guess everyone is just going to have to figure out who their baby's daddies are all on their own. 🤷‍♂️
Not to worry the State will do that for her and rope you in; In Massachusetts an "accusation" will have you paying child support until YOU hire a layer an prove otherwise. Some bad lawmaking right there.

One of the best decisions you made not having cable TV and kids watching dumb trash shows and movies. Back then you could try and control what they watched.

With cellphone many young kids want to be the next TikTok star until something bad happens.

Last edited:
Not to worry the State will do that for her and rope you in; In Massachusetts an "accusation" will have you paying child support until YOU hire a layer an prove otherwise. Some bad lawmaking right there.
That definitely doesn't sound fair. I think more could probably be done in terms of deadbeat parents but I don't know the solution.

Can you recoup damages if proven otherwise? Or is it just “oops, oh well” and onto the next potential sucker?
I am sure you could depending on tolerance for dealing with Commonwealth vs Joe Shmoe.

Embarassing, I saw the state taking DNA swap samples of about 30 "deadbeat dads" in the hallway out side of the courtroom.

I damaged a car on the Interstate highway, there was an un-marked open drain lid near the left lane, drop at wheel in at 60 mph.

The State said they would only consider damages if there was an accident with injuries.
Your 100's of millions of annual highway dollars (auto excise tax, fuel tax, millage) hard at at work.

Back