Tow Truck Hit & Run my wife's 2017 Rogue. It's totalled

20231001_232050 by Ken , on Flickr

Last Sunday night at 11pm ish we were shocked to find a neighbor knocking on the door, he'd heard a crash up the street and saw our car on the grass next to the sidewalk. He'd seen a truck going up the street before the crash, another neighbor got video of the side of the truck and confirmed that the truck never applied brakes or bothered to stop! Police saw video and might be able to clean it up for better clarity.

Bodyshop said it's done. Insurance is still waiting to respond. We have a 2023 GMC Terrain as a rental in the meantime. What a horrible time to shop for a replacement car. My wife really liked her Rogue.

20231001_232050 by Ken , on Flickr

Last Sunday night at 11pm ish we were shocked to find a neighbor knocking on the door, he'd heard a crash up the street and saw our car on the grass next to the sidewalk. He'd seen a truck going up the street before the crash, another neighbor got video of the side of the truck and confirmed that the truck never applied brakes or bothered to stop! Police saw video and might be able to clean it up for better clarity.

Bodyshop said it's done. Insurance is still waiting to respond. We have a 2023 GMC Terrain as a rental in the meantime. What a horrible time to shop for a replacement car. My wife really liked her Rogue.
It isn't a great time to shop for another Rogue-if that is what your wife likes. But you have insurance-with a possibility you might find who did it. It could be worse.

I'm going to assume the tow truck is probably owned by some "fly by night" outfit/individual and not a normal tow truck company. That would explain the "hit and run" situation.

Last edited:
I hate this for you guys. You’re right, this isn’t a great time to be forced into finding a replacement for it. Best of luck to you in that regards. Keep us updated on the eventual search for a replacement as well.

Tow truck drivers are supposed to be the good guys; like firemen.
There are some real scumball/predatory tow truck companies......

To those that wonder why the car was parked on the road, well there are three explanations.

1. My house is being renovated to add 200ft2 and the double garage is 1/2 full of construction materials and tools. My QX60 was in the garage.
2. The driveway is adjacent to a large walnut tree that is dropping the walnuts right now, either by natural timing or assistance from local squirrels. These walnuts will at worst leave a dent, at average leave a stain on the paint, and at best roll off the car and you trip on them.
3. It's legal to park overnight on my street and in the 28 years I've owned this house, never had any issues and no neighbors have been so affected. In the winter it's not legal to park on street, but that's no issue because the walnuts are all gone by then.

1696898269313.jpg

That's awful. Sorry that happened.

Back