KBB 2013 Top 10 Best Resale Value Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 out of the top 10 are Toyota products.

Originally Posted By: KBB
Including four models projected to retain more than half their original value after five years on the road, here are this year’s Top 10 Best Resale Value Award winners. The list is dominated by SUVs as usual, but two cars makes twice as many as last year.

#1: 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser
#2: 2013 Toyota Tacoma
#3: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
#4: 2013 Honda CR-V
#5: 2013 Toyota 4Runner
#6: 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser
#7: 2013 Porsche Cayenne
#8: 2013 Lexus LX
#9: 2013 Honda Civic
#10: 2013 Scion tC

Source: http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-...665129382163300

Hmm. Besides the land cruiser and the porsche, I can't say I'd want to buy any of those vehicles new, let alone used.

not true for texas and other other southern states. High model 4x4 f350s and f250s hold their value better than suvs here.

CRV is the only vehicle I would be interested in. It is wonderful value all around for wagonish vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Up here in Quebec the Honda Civic and CR-V hold their resale value so well you are better off buying new...

In So Cal too. 1-2 year old Honda Civic and CR-V, Toyota Camry and Corolla advertised in local ad as much as new(after online discount).

Last year I bought a new 2012 Camry LE for my friend for less than 2011 with more than 10k miles.

I wouldn't put any faith in KBB's ratings for resale value. Best to use the ALG guide values as they are what people that do it for a living (leasing companies) use and are far more accurate.

Not to mention KBB's pricing is more fantasy than reality.

Originally Posted By: Need4racin
High model 4x4 f350s and f250s hold their value better than suvs here.

It's similar here. You want one of those used, particularly in a diesel, you're going to be paying large dollars for it and it's going to have huge miles on it.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Need4racin
High model 4x4 f350s and f250s hold their value better than suvs here.

It's similar here. You want one of those used, particularly in a diesel, you're going to be paying large dollars for it and it's going to have huge miles on it.

There are always locale specific vehicles for sure. It seems that Subaru gets very high/easy resell in New England at least. I suspect similiar in CO and WA based on the volumes seen around.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
I wouldn't put any faith in KBB's ratings for resale value. Best to use the ALG guide values as they are what people that do it for a living (leasing companies) use and are far more accurate.

Not to mention KBB's pricing is more fantasy than reality.

Most vehicles listed are quite easy to resell around here. Although not sure on Porsche & Lexus LX. Folks I know who have those ones can list in paper and have a relatively quick sell in New England.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Up here in Quebec the Honda Civic and CR-V hold their resale value so well you are better off buying new...

That is the way it was when I was buying my first Civic back in 2011. I looked at few year old ones with 40-60K miles and they weren't that much less than new, especially when you factor in financing rates. (0% new, 4%+ used)

The CR-V is even moreso than the Civic I find. You have to buy one several years old to make a used buy worthwhile.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
There are always locale specific vehicles for sure.

Absolutely. Up here, if you find any decent diesel 4x4 even all the way back to the 5.9 L or 7.3 L, if the body is in somewhat decent condition and the engine is running well, you're going to have problems getting it for under $10,000.

Please advise how "they" know what the actual resale value will be 5 years from now for 2013 model year vehicles?

I'm familiar with planned obsolescence but...

PLANNED VALUE$?

Smoke and Mirrors, IMHO.

Cheers!

p.s. What about getting an award for being the Best Mortgage Re-financer on the Internet? What's next?

Best Cable Commercial for a "Bad Drug!" ????

Toyota Sequoia should be on that list as well since I recently sold my 2002 Sequoia Limited for nearly half of what I paid for it brand new and 11 years ago. But I must admit mine wasn't 'stock' and my buyer wasn't your 'average' buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back