Joined Club SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: hal26
That red Challenger is an SRT....not a Scat Pack.....NO BEE

It's an accidental burnout machine is what it is. I've never driven a vehicle that wanted to break the tires loose so easily!
Really? Mine must be broken because I have to give it quite a bit of gas to break the tires loose.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: hal26
That red Challenger is an SRT....not a Scat Pack.....NO BEE

It's an accidental burnout machine is what it is. I've never driven a vehicle that wanted to break the tires loose so easily!
Really? Mine must be broken because I have to give it quite a bit of gas to break the tires loose.

Something's up with one of them then. 1/4 throttle on mine and both rear tires break loose. Saturday I was in a parking lot going around someone, barely touched the gas (no more than 1/4 throttle) and left 2 20' long marks unintentionally.

The first thing you should do is get some proper tires under it! While the 6.4 is very strong, my 6.1 is no slouch. yet with my new Michelins I can barely turn a tire anymore!

Something's up with one of them then.

It could just be placebo, but my butt dyno says my SRT does not feel as lively as a Scat Pack I drove earlier.

AFAIK, you and I have the same tires.

I only have about 300 miles on it so far... technically still breaking in, so I haven't done WOT, but when I give it plenty of gas, it seems like the engine is getting bogged down/hesitates for about a second or so before it gets going. I tried this in manual mode to eliminate any kind of transmission lag, using Sport mode. For example, I will have it in 4th or 5th gear, going about 40 mph, and then I press accelerator pedal half way.

Before buying my car, I test drove a new Scat Pack, and I just don't recall this kind of hesitation there. The response was immediate. That is actually what sold me on this car in the first place.

One thing I can't be sure is if the dealer filled up the tank with premium gas before I picked it up - dealers do all sorts of silly things. And I don't know if running on 87 would result in what I am seeing. I just filled up with premium yesterday so we will see. If my ECU pulled back timing/remapped itself for lower octane gas, I dont know how long it will take for it to go back to normal.

It could just be placebo, but my butt dyno says my SRT does not feel as lively as a Scat Pack I drove earlier.

I only have about 300 miles on it so far... technically still breaking in, so I haven't done WOT, but when I give it plenty of gas, it seems like the engine is getting bogged down/hesitates for about a second or so before it gets going. I tried this in manual mode to eliminate any kind of transmission lag, using Sport mode. For example, I will have it in 4th or 5th gear, going about 40 mph, and then I press accelerator pedal half way.

Before buying my car, I test drove a new Scat Pack, and I just don't recall this kind of hesitation there. The response was immediate. That is actually what sold me on this car in the first place.

One thing I can't be sure is if the dealer filled up the tank with premium gas before I picked it up - dealers do all sorts of silly things. And I don't know if running on 87 would result in what I am seeing. I just filled up with premium yesterday so we will see. If my ECU pulled back timing/remapped itself for lower octane gas, I dont know how long it will take for it to go back to normal.

My dealer could not confirm if there was break-in programming, but I noticed with the Jeep that it got a lot happier after a few miles were on it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

My dealer could not confirm if there was break-in programming, but I noticed with the Jeep that it got a lot happier after a few miles were on it.

Per the manual, the launch option was not available until the odo hits 500 miles, so there's something going on there.

And I've got the optional summer tires, so they should be sticky.

QP - I have yet to use half throttle, and I have yet to feel any hesitation or bogging down.

QP - I have yet to use half throttle, and I have yet to feel any hesitation or bogging down.

How many miles do you have on it now?

FYI, the Scat Pack I test drove only had about 50 miles on the odo.

It's weird. It's as if the engine was getting choked up for just a moment before it takes off. I think it may have gotten slightly better since I filled up with premium, and I don't know how long it will take for the ECU to adapt, or maybe it needs to be manually reset somehow?

I wish we lived closer so that we could swap rides and discover if they feel any different.
smile.gif

It's weird. It's as if the engine was getting choked up for just a moment before it takes off. I think it may have gotten slightly better since I filled up with premium, and I don't know how long it will take for the ECU to adapt, or maybe it needs to be manually reset somehow?

I wish we lived closer so that we could swap rides and discover if they feel any different.
smile.gif

I'm at 700 right now, but didn't notice a difference between picking it up with 45 miles to now. How do you have so few miles on yours?

How do you have so few miles on yours?

It's my good weather weekend car, for the most part.

During the week I still use my old 530i because I don't want to short trip the SRT.

smile.gif

I'm at 700 right now, but didn't notice a difference between picking it up with 45 miles to now. How do you have so few miles on yours?

I just rolled 32,000Km
smile.gif

Towed the "new to us" boat down from the Marina to the house for a clean-up today and discovered the Jeep has more get-up and go with a boat behind it for merging than the Expedition had period, LOL! My dad was rather impressed.

Something's up with one of them then. 1/4 throttle on mine and both rear tires break loose. Saturday I was in a parking lot going around someone, barely touched the gas (no more than 1/4 throttle) and left 2 20' long marks unintentionally.

I'd hazard a guess that it's more to do with your climate as anything. I've been all over this Country, and have noticed that places with hot, dry climate, and lots of people (think Vegas and Phoenix) often have slippery asphalt relative to other more temperate and wetter places. The high temps make asphalt relatively soft, and raise oil to the surface, and with lots of cars dripping oil, and little rainfall to wash it away, you get slippery asphalt.

Throttle adaptives in Mopars are extremely effective and will quickly adapt to a Grandpa style of driving by retarding throttle response and changing shift points. Put some more miles on and things may feel very different. Drive it like you stole it and they get very excited with lots of throttle for a small amount of pedal travel. Drive it easy and it will get sleepy.

Most newer cars do this.

In my 06 SRT8 all you do is pull a fuse and it resets. There is also an aftermarket setup that will do that every time you start the car. But I have no idea which fuse it is on a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back