2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
The exterior color and blacked out badging looks very sharp IMO, but I'm also not a fan of the red interior.

thumbsup2.gif

I think it would look fantastic with either black or tan interior.

Speaking of color combos, I recently toured a Tesla Model X, white and blacked out badging like this TrackHawk, black 21inch wheels, but had white leather seats and black/gray interior trim.
I fully realize how impossible it would be to keep these white leather seats clean after a while, but man did the interior look sharp on that vehicle and played nicely with the exterior. I wish I took some pics.

Sounds nice!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yup. Think I posted another Grand Cherokee review that had the "traditional" cluster on here?
The V6 Grand Cherokees don't even have a speedometer needle. It's all digital, you get a choice between a cheesy digital speedometer needle or a large readout.

That's the setup I was alluding to earlier. The "analog" speedo is represented on the screen and you have the option of faux analog or digital. The tach is on the left where the actual analog speedo is on the SRT.

The Durango is setup the same way.

The "analog" speedo is represented on the screen and you have the option of faux analog or digital.
I wouldn't mind the faux analog speedo/tach if the screen is high res and has a high frame rate. Audi has pulled it off very nicely in their most recent vehicles with digital cockpit. It runs at 60 fps.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The "analog" speedo is represented on the screen and you have the option of faux analog or digital.
I wouldn't mind the faux analog speedo/tach if the screen is high res and has a high frame rate. Audi has pulled it off very nicely in their most recent vehicles with digital cockpit. It runs at 60 fps.

I find it quite satisfactory in both vehicles, FWIW.

- Puttering around, it feels less snappy/responsive than its naturally aspirated sibling. It feels slower until you are into boosted territory. If anything, this 707HP beast feels more civil than its sister. This was surprising.

That is surprising. I would have expected less responsiveness had it been turbocharged, but not supercharged. It's gotta be the throttle programming.

The responsiveness of the NA 6.4 is just so intoxicating.
smile.gif

- Puttering around, it feels less snappy/responsive than its naturally aspirated sibling. It feels slower until you are into boosted territory. If anything, this 707HP beast feels more civil than its sister. This was surprising.

That is surprising. I would have expected less responsiveness had it been turbocharged, but not supercharged. It's gotta be the throttle programming.

smile.gif

Quite likely. Perhaps made it feel more progressive? There's a lot on tap, so making that a more sincere effort to get to is likely intentional.

smile.gif

Quite likely. Perhaps made it feel more progressive? There's a lot on tap, so making that a more sincere effort to get to is likely intentional.

Did you try it out in sport mode?

Yeah, OVERKILL, next time you test drive it, tell the dealer to take it out of the valet mode for you.
smile.gif

Yeah, OVERKILL, next time you test drive it, tell the dealer to take it out of the valet mode for you.
smile.gif

LMAO! I did not try it in "track" mode, perhaps that would have helped? HAHHAAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back