2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: onemig
Driver side front bumper/fender damage? The gap between the bumper and fender seems larger compared to the passenger side.

Yup! You got it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I like the color combo on yours better, are they the same wheels? They look lighter to me. Maybe brake dust on the pics on yours?

I think it would be a blast to drive, but I think I'd prefer the SRT. Even the 3.6L model is more than fast enough, I took the 14' up to the mountains last weekend and it had more power than I'd ever need. Took it off-roading to it's limit too.

No, same wheel design, but mine are a darker colour.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I am sure an incredible drive. However so is 425HP in the vehicle you have.

I can't get past the color inside and out. I'd rather have a $30k version in way better scheme to please my senses. Bummer(to me) your prospect is this.

Mine's 470
wink.gif

I like the outside colour, just not the inside. I am not limited to this one as my only option, it's one of them if, and that's a big IF, I choose to go that route, which I am not decided on yet. I really like my present Jeep.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: onemig
Driver side front bumper/fender damage? The gap between the bumper and fender seems larger compared to the passenger side.

Yup! You got it
laugh.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I think my personal history made me recoil in horror when I saw the red accents in the interior, the color is too close to the nasty ribbed vinyl bench seats in the '76 Nova my dad gave me. I told a story on here a while ago about telling my dad not to worry about me getting paint on those seats because the car was a POS anyway, this was while it was still his car and I probably deserved a pop in the jaw for that one.

The driver side rocker molding to fender doesn’t match up correctly either. Did this thing fall off the lift during PDI or something? Left side exhaust, rocker and bumper are messed up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
The driver side rocker molding to fender doesn’t match up correctly either. Did this thing fall off the lift during PDI or something? Left side exhaust, rocker and bumper are messed up.

Yup, I was observing that as part of the damage that goes with the flair.

To my knowledge, nothing happened to it at the dealership. So I assumed that it was in transport that this happened.

The other two they got were pristine, go figure the one the owner gets is all screwed up, LOL!

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Not really a fan of the speedometer layout. Very congested looking numbers.

The useless analog one on the left? LOL! You should see mine, it is even worse. I never use it, I go by the digital numbers in the centre. Most of the time I forget it is even there.

Agree. Extremely cluttered and painful to look at.

The useless analog one on the left? LOL! You should see mine, it is even worse. I never use it, I go by the digital numbers in the centre. Most of the time I forget it is even there.

It would be nice if the dedicated speedo was usable, so that you could utilize the center display to show additional information instead of the digital speedo.
smile.gif

I actually prefer an analog speedo (if it is well laid out) because the moving needle shows the rate of acceleration in addition to indicating speed.

Reactions: 555
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

It would be nice if the dedicated speedo was usable, so that you could utilize the center display to show additional information instead of the digital speedo.
smile.gif

I actually prefer an analog speedo (if it is well laid out) because the moving needle shows the rate of acceleration in addition to indicating speed.

I generally do too, the one on the Charger was quite good. This one, given the small space provided for the cluster, you are pretty much using the digital one period. The analog one is, for all intents and purposes, useless.

BTW, that's not where the speedo is on the non-SRT
wink.gif

BTW, that's not where the speedo is on the non-SRT
wink.gif

Yeah, I've figured the tachometer takes center stage in the Trackhawk/SRT. Different priorities, I guess.
smile.gif

Yup. Think I posted another Grand Cherokee review that had the "traditional" cluster on here?

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The exterior color and blacked out badging looks very sharp IMO, but I'm also not a fan of the red interior.

thumbsup2.gif

I think it would look fantastic with either black or tan interior.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The exterior color and blacked out badging looks very sharp IMO, but I'm also not a fan of the red interior.

thumbsup2.gif

I think it would look fantastic with either black or tan interior.

Speaking of color combos, I recently toured a Tesla Model X, white and blacked out badging like this TrackHawk, black 21inch wheels, but had white leather seats and black/gray interior trim.
I fully realize how impossible it would be to keep these white leather seats clean after a while, but man did the interior look sharp on that vehicle and played nicely with the exterior. I wish I took some pics.

Yup. Think I posted another Grand Cherokee review that had the "traditional" cluster on here?
The V6 Grand Cherokees don't even have a speedometer needle. It's all digital, you get a choice between a cheesy digital speedometer needle or a large readout.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
So does it do wheelies on some of our hills?
wink.gif

With good summer rubber and all the nannies turned off, it probably could, LOL!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back