JD Powers says Toyota is still KING of Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
PT1,
You should change the title of the post. It is very misleading. The gist is lexus, but not toyota is the king. Toyota and Scion brands rank just average and BELOW Hyunday.
You can see the results here:
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/quality-ratings-by-brand

I have 2 toyota cars and they are not trouble free.

That list is laughable..

What 80000+ goobers did they get to take a 228 questionnaire?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I feel sorry for the guy that wanted to steal a Chrylser...Times are getting tuff for them also...

They just couldn't handle the 'excitement' of stealing a Camary
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Your right part of the excitiement in stealing a Chrylser is first will it even start.....second will the tranny work...

That has to be the dumbest comment I've yet seen on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Initial quality is one thing. How many of those cars are going to be on the road 20 years (or even 10 years) from now?
Ever notice there are only certain model that are on the road that are 20+ years old. Most cars made are junk and are gone from the roads.

PT1,
You should change the title of the post. It is very misleading.

It was the title of the article I found for this post.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
PT1,
You should change the title of the post. It is very misleading. The gist is lexus, but not toyota is the king. Toyota and Scion brands rank just average and BELOW Hyunday.
You can see the results here:
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/quality-ratings-by-brand

I have 2 toyota cars and they are not trouble free.

That list is laughable..

What 80000+ goobers did they get to take a 228 questionnaire?

They surveyed the entire town of Jupiter Florida.....j/k
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
the differance in reported problems between Toyoda Ford and Chevrolet are (here's that phrase again) statistically insignificant.
nothing to seen here move along linky

The differences are very significant. I know. I have owned both.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: hone eagle
the differance in reported problems between Toyoda Ford and Chevrolet are (here's that phrase again) statistically insignificant.
nothing to seen here move along linky

The differences are very significant. I know. I have owned both.

Sample of ....one?

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Toyota loves to copy,they did it to their newest model and it looks like the Dodge Magnum.Ford has one lie,they say their vehicles are unstealable: Wrong!One wrecking yard in my area has two Ford trucks,stolen and recovered without the keys.Theieves are figuring out to steal them very easily.The insurance companies totaled these two trucks with clean titles.The Camrys are known for getting stolen and theives sell the parts off of them including Honda Accords since the parts are very expensive.

I could be wrong, but some Super Duties may still use a standard key without PATS. I have seen Super Duties as new as 2005-2006 that didn't have PATS.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Toyota loves to copy,they did it to their newest model and it looks like the Dodge Magnum.Ford has one lie,they say their vehicles are unstealable: Wrong!One wrecking yard in my area has two Ford trucks,stolen and recovered without the keys.Theieves are figuring out to steal them very easily.The insurance companies totaled these two trucks with clean titles.The Camrys are known for getting stolen and theives sell the parts off of them including Honda Accords since the parts are very expensive.

I could be wrong, but some Super Duties may still use a standard key without PATS. I have seen Super Duties as new as 2005-2006 that didn't have PATS.

Yup, my buddy's '05 Lariat F-250 has a regular key.

The secret for Toyoya is look for ones made in Japan.....not a U.S.
made model. Highlanders 2007 and below were [censored] made and superior in quaility to the new U.S. made ones.

Half of the initial quality survey is foiled by controls that work, but make no sense to the owner. Linky

So a conservative sedan with all the switches in the right places should do well, even if it falls apart in five years.

I see a lot of American cars from the 80s still on the road, I don't see Japanese cars from the 80s though. This is a testament that American makers could build good cars. For some reason, American cars drop in quality after the mid 90s. Also, many Toyota and Honda vehicles built in the U.S. are extremely reliable. That tells me Americans can make great cars. It is the managment that care nothing about quality and have no loyalty that kill American cars.

While most of use will think new vehicles look nice because we drive cars 3-5 generations back, most cars from American makers start to fall aparts after a year or two. While the Beg Three focus on certain vehicles to win any rating, Japanese makers, particularly Toyota and Honda, keep quality up for all of their models. This is why most people can close their eye and pick any vehicle from Toyota and Honda with confident they will last. The same can't be said for Beg Three. I would not touch anything from GM and Chrysler built in the last 2007-2012 when most workers worry about their jobs instead of their performance.

Last edited:
I like that term... beg three.

I agree that their cheaper cars, they try to shame you into something nicer. You have to get the deluxe trim level for some stupid simple stuff like cruise control, and sometimes have to get power windows to get cruise. I actually think of power windows as a negative! Instead of shaming potential buyers into a profitable midsize they go and get a civic/corolla instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back