J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study

Buick and Chevrolet did well according to this survey, Ford not so much. Of course I own a Chevy and a Ford, family divided.

Buick has consistently always been at the top of any quality or reliability survey. It really is remarkable.

Buick has consistently always been at the top of any quality or reliability survey. It really is remarkable.
It’s an odd thing I even discussed with a GM tech … perhaps they are driven/PM’d differently if we subscribe to the owner stereotypes …

bc they are mostly driven by senior citizens. Get about 3k on them a year and carefully driven
I typed in 2018 Buick and this came up

Changed to Toyota - similar

Just my observations and that of a long time Buick salesman in a very large metro area. Told me Buick is working very hard to change their senior citizen demographics. Quick check shows Buick lowered average age from 60 to 59 over the last five years. That real progress, grandpa! LOL
Toyota is 30-50, so probably 40 average

Last edited:
Just my observations and that of a long time Buick salesman in a very large metro area. Told me Buick is working very hard to change their senior citizen demographics
My sample is random used cars - they certainly have more than 3k per year as you suggested …
My daughter has a friend mid 20’s - drives a 3 yo Buick …
(works 6 days/week & 12 miles from home) …

My sample is random used cars - they certainly have more than 3k per year as you suggested …
My daughter has a friend mid 20’s - drives a 3 yo Buick …
(works 6 days/week & 12 miles from home) …
They used to do "test drive" events at the local high school. If you came and took a test drive they gave the high school $20 - as a fundraiser for different extra curricular groups and the high school would promote it. That was there goal, to lure younger family types into the brand. Trying and working apparently isn't the same.

I know someone that has a newer Range Rover - 2018 I think - and it has been flawless.

I wonder if there issues are mainly with the discovery, or he was just lucky?
They are very sophisticated - as in complicated - bank CEO here does 3 year leases and gets another - did I tell you he’s good with money but likes nice things 😷

In the words of @edyvw “Toyota had this great opportunity with Lexus IS, but then I guess it became too exciting for them during 1st gen. when they realized average age of Lexus driver drop from 115 to 85 due to single model.”
There goes stereotypes again - The Lexus IS in signature is driven by my son - Old guys like me drive a Rubicon 😎

They are very sophisticated - as in complicated - bank CEO here does 3 year leases and gets another - did I tell you he’s good with money but likes nice things 😷
This guy has no shortage of money either, but still hasn't had any issues. He dumps them if they do.

I am trying to remember which one he dumped quickly before it - an Audi maybe, can't recall the model.

Reactions: 4WD
Back