Its time for the age thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Let's just say that my family used flint and steel to start fires when I was born!
blush.gif

Dirt was invented when I was in high school. My first Christmas was the first Christmas. There's a portrait of me on a cave wall in France. And my prom theme was "Fire!!!"

Born in the depths of the depression, 1933. Still changing my oil at 80. First job was in a "filling station" (Sohio) back in 1948.

Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Every time I get ready to change the oil, I get the grease gun ready to go. When asked my age, I mumble softly "Born in" and speak "47" loud and clear.

I'd do that, but if I did it would add two years to my age.
How old am I?

Originally Posted By: yonyon

How old am I?

55?

Bingo! (sorry, no prize)
laugh.gif

i think someone's fudging the numbers here...
29.gif

if saying you were born in '47 would make you 2 years older, that means you were born in '49. which would make you a few years older than 55.

55 sounded way to fishy to me, cuz i know what ages my parents are, and they were born in '45 & '46...

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
First job was in a "filling station" (Sohio) back in 1948.

Oldtommy

as was my dad's in the early 60's, and my brother's in the mid 80's. when he started, they had boarded up the service bays, but old school enough they didn't have a cash register. just a till, and a log book.
while he was there, they tore that building down, and built the one that's still standing. (adding in the computerized registers, Convenience store, all the modern stuff.) then about a year later they did the big re-brand to BP.

sorry about going
32.gif

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Every time I get ready to change the oil, I get the grease gun ready to go. When asked my age, I mumble softly "Born in" and speak "47" loud and clear.

How old am I?

Originally Posted By: yonyon

How old am I?

55?

Bingo! (sorry, no prize)
laugh.gif

i think someone's fudging the numbers here...
29.gif

if saying you were born in '47 would make you 2 years older, that means you were born in '49. which would make you a few years older than 55.

55 sounded way to fishy to me, cuz i know what ages my parents are, and they were born in '45 & '46...

No fudging. When I said if I did that, I meant if I used his concept with my age. If I said softly "Born in" then loud and clear "57", it would add 2 years to my age (of 55). I just thought it was an interesting math puzzler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back