Its time for the age thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will soon be 59.

My Dad used Shell X-100.

I started with Havoline when young, just because it smelled so bad. Figured that just like medicine, what tasted/smelled bad just had to be good for you...

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA

I'd do that, but if I did it would add two years to my age.
How old am I?

55?

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA

I'd do that, but if I did it would add two years to my age.
How old am I?

55?

Bingo! (sorry, no prize)
laugh.gif

Turned 60 last week ,that's the first birthday that made me feel older. That used to be the retirement age before they moved the goalpost.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
78 in October. I remember 1000 mile oil changes and alcohol anti-freeze.
34.gif

Hey, somebody older than me. I'll be 77 in November. I, too, remember those 1000 mile oil changes, and don't forget the grease jobs. And, the 10 to 12 thousand miles changes of plugs, points and condenser. And new tires every 15 to 20 thousand miles. Ah, the good ole days.

76 last May. +1 to all above, and oil filters and heaters were an extra cost option and most cars got 12-15 mpg and gas was $.21 and hi test was 74 octane. cars were wore out at 60,000 miles.

Oh, almost forgot, just bought my 44th. vehicle. A few years ago I posted a list here somewhere. I've since lost the list.

Originally Posted By: 94astro
66, 2 days ago, Friday the 13th no less. How I ever got here, I have no clue. It must be a miracle because I have always lived for the moment, never planned for the future, but here I am, I can still do anything I want, been very fortunate. May the next 66 be just as rewarding.

Friday was my B-day, too, and I was born on a Friday. Just turned 39, same age as my wife. She's a May B-day, so I get to razz her for a couple of months for being the "old lady" in my life. She really hates it when I do that.

Just clicked over the sixth decade mark. Most days still feel 40.

When I started driving, gas was .55 a gallon, a quart of oil about .50, a Ford Maverick's MSRP was ca. $4000, and a regular-size bag of Doritos was .79. You could buy a quart of name-brand beer for .60 (or a six-pack of Old Milwaukee for 1.25) and a single-stack box of saltines for about .50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back