It's official.... Clarkson has lost his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Mr. Clarkson is an ENTERTAINER, not a real automotive journalist.

YES!

When I finally got around to realizing/accepting this fact, I was able to ENJOY and actually like and appreciate him, that show and even his cohorts on it, who are also hilarious at times.
smile.gif

I love when Clarkson does a real review, Car & Driver doesn't hold a candle to this!

Their is a reason Top Gear is the most watched TV program in the world.

Last edited:
My wife never forgot watching his review of my generation WRX(2003) in France and the line "dog kennel carpeting". She stated it ever time driving it as she hated that car with a passion.

She was right, [censored] interior, noise galore, and absolutely gutless 2.0 below 4000 RPM due to massive turbo lag but a massive wallop above.

The Volvo, BMW and Subaru wagon Africa special is probably one of the funniest things I've ever watched on modern TV. I'm sure somebody must have put it on You Tube. I think it was three parts on TV.

They are at their best when they are being the most ridiculous. Of course they can't always be that way all the time. But all around it's a fun show. Purely entertaining, and it's just as well that they (mostly) review cars that we either can get here in NA and/or probably couldn't afford.

Some of my favorite Clarkson quotes:

“The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite”

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you."

“Koenigsegg are saying that the CCX is more comfortable. More comfortable than what… BEING STABBED?”

“This is the Renault Espace, probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that’s much to shout about. That’s like saying “Ooh good I’ve got syphilis, the BEST of the sexually transmitted diseases.””

“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?”

On the Lotus Elise: “This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory”

"Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off."

“The only person to ever look good in the back of a 4-seater convertible was Adolf Hitler”

And one that hits close to home...
On the BMW X3: "If you are clinically insane, by which I mean you wake up in the morning, and you think you are an onion, this is your car."

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The Volvo, BMW and Subaru wagon Africa special is probably one of the funniest things I've ever watched on modern TV. I'm sure somebody must have put it on You Tube. I think it was three parts on TV.

The 'caravaning' episode is one that had me doubled over in hysterics.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Mr. Clarkson is an ENTERTAINER, not a real automotive journalist.

YES!

When I finally got around to realizing/accepting this fact, I was able to ENJOY and actually like and appreciate him, that show and even his cohorts on it, who are also hilarious at times.
smile.gif

Likewise! It is a truly entertaining show that I look forward to every time. Opinions are fine, and I don't need agreement with him for enjoyment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back