It looks like electric vehicles are going to be shoved down our throats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I retired from Tesla two years ago and my newest car is a Jaguar F Type R with a 4 cam, 32 valve supercharged V8 with 575 HP.
People ask me why I didn't buy a Tesla. It would actually be pretty practical for my driving requirements.

But it doesn't look like the Jaguar, sound like the Jaguar, have the cachet of the Jaguar nor garner the kind of complements that I receive almost any time I stop somewhere.

However, I am not naive enough to challenge a Tesla to a drag race !
I have a friend who owns a one of the lower end model Tesla's and it's stupid fast but I still wouldn't want one. I love the sound of a V8 and my Mustang GT has enough power for me and sounds great so I will stick with it for as long as possible.

Spent some time at the LA Auto Show yesterday. Many new boutique electric car companies with spiffy marketing setups, lofty production goals, and cant-touch-this vehicles. Can’t really comment on most of these other than I’m doubtful that most of those will actually end up in successful production. Seemed like a good way to lose a deposit.

Interestingly, the only electric vehicles you could actually look/sit in were the new offerings from current car companies. Hyundai, Kia, and Nissan had interesting options.

Zero German presence so I couldn’t really compare.

However, I am not naive enough to challenge a Tesla to a drag race !

Dont worry, they will challenge YOU!

I swooped past a tesla that was waiting for a light(lane next to him was open, turned green while i was still approaching the light at speed) in my very not fast bone stock Scion Tc. I guess he took this as a challenge to his manhood because he makes sure to line up next to me the next light and floors it on green to show my 160bhp scion who was boss. I cant imagine what its like for people who have ICE stuff that actually looks fast.

EVs are stupid. Especially those stupid Teslas. Elon's whack. They will be history by, well, any day now.
These days I see alot more constant unprovoked derision of ICE from EV evangalists than the other way around. Seems like EV people cannot take the fact that alot of us just like gas cars for various reasons. And yes, I have experienced EV, but its like drag cars or rock crawlers. I think they are cool, but not really my thing.

I keep seeing announcements form the automakers saying they want to be all electric by 20XX. What about what the public wants? Do they think they can produce any type of vehicle they want and people will just buy them? I'm sure some people will warm up to electric vehicles, but there are also those who won't...I can tell you I have no desire to own one...
That is the idea......
If you have no choice what do you choose?

Most people only want what is cheap and fermilliar.

Most of the world is going with EV's......that might mean something.

Spent some time at the LA Auto Show yesterday. Many new boutique electric car companies with spiffy marketing setups, lofty production goals, and cant-touch-this vehicles. Can’t really comment on most of these other than I’m doubtful that most of those will actually end up in successful production. Seemed like a good way to lose a deposit.

Interestingly, the only electric vehicles you could actually look/sit in were the new offerings from current car companies. Hyundai, Kia, and Nissan had interesting options.

Zero German presence so I couldn’t really compare.
95 percent of those boutique startups will be dead broke and insolvent before this decade I guarantee it. Notice how only Rivian and Lucid barely got out of the gate with adequate funding. Rivian got billions handed to them from Ford and Amazon, and Lucid is owned by the Saudis who already have more than enough billions to throw around. Rivian hasn't even sold 1000 trucks yet they're somehow worth more than Ford because some armchair investors say so. Expect Nikola and Lordstown to eat dirt in 2023.

Will never buy into electric anything. But I would gladly drive a Lucid Air if given the chance.

Last edited:
Dont worry, they will challenge YOU!

I swooped past a tesla that was waiting for a light(lane next to him was open, turned green while i was still approaching the light at speed) in my very not fast bone stock Scion Tc. I guess he took this as a challenge to his manhood because he makes sure to line up next to me the next light and floors it on green to show my 160bhp scion who was boss. I cant imagine what its like for people who have ICE stuff that actually looks fast.

These days I see alot more constant unprovoked derision of ICE from EV evangalists than the other way around. Seems like EV people cannot take the fact that alot of us just like gas cars for various reasons. And yes, I have experienced EV, but its like drag cars or rock crawlers. I think they are cool, but not really my thing.
Sometimes it's all about maneuvering. So far I've only flipped off a person once with my power trunk closer. Got in front of her and she laughed when the trunk opened in front of her and then when I closed it from inside the car, she had a perplexed look on her face.

Most Tesla drivers either tend to drive a little slow or normal, don't encounter too many that drive it really fast, guess they don't want to burn up their battery power. They don't drive as slow as Prius drivers so it's not as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back