Is GC the right oil for Nissan QR25DE 4 cyl 2.5 L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a 2005 Nissan X-Trail. It has the 2.5L QR25DE 4 cyl engine. I have been using GC in the'95 Buick 3.8 L engine with very good results. Would the GC be a good oil for this engine even though Nissan recommends mineral oil (dino) only?

Cheers
cheers.gif

Bry
canada.gif

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but if your owner's manual mandates some specific viscosity grades that are not 0w-30, then you may want to stay away from it if that's going to cause you denial of warranty issues down the road.

I use it in my Altima with very good results. Motor seems nice and quite, little or no oil burning, and always power when you step on the gas. Go for it!!

Yes. Nissan's tend to like a heavier 30 weight oil such as GC 12.2 cST at 100 deg C. My 2k Maxima seems to like it.

The Esso XD3 0w-30 is also a good choice based on the UOAs that have been posted.

I agree that GC is a good choice for the 2.5 L engine. I put it in my 04 Nissan SE-R and have about 2K miles on this OCI.My mileage has improved by 2 mpg over the Amsoil I had been running. In defence of Amsoil I only have 21K miles so it is just getting better.I also have went to the GC in my 03 Camry and 03 Hyundai.
smile.gif

quote:

ops! Since I screwed up I am a fan of GC and the oil shouldn't effect the warrenty.

I hate to say but it will affect a warranty. if there is engine trouble and they find out that your not using the prescribed oil. they can turn down any warranty work. I know a guy with a dodge dakota 4x4. just liek my truck. he took it in for something I forgot what. well they jacked up the truck and saw some dried up mud on the bottom of the truck. they said due to built up mud they voided his warranty on the spot as abuse. he was like *** its a 4x4 isnt it suppose to be taken off road. if it isnt why make a 4x4. he fought it but lost. dodge is a stickler on their warranties.

so yes the wrong oil can get you in to trouble at the dealership. look at VW and how anal they are about what type of oil you need in their cars.

The dealer will not deny warranty because of the oil grade.
That's the last thing they'll be looking at in case the car develops engine problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back