IPhone to Android

Just an FYI, I have an iPhone 14 and no, I will not mindlessly support one brand over the other. Google is as bad as Apple or vice versa. Same for the other tech companies.

I also don’t have a problem with people/corporations making money. But you talk as if you were speaking for Apple. What their core values are etc. as if you owned it.

You are simply a user, nothing more, but for some reason you take it personally. I don’t think anyone would take my criticism of their photo scanning as a bash, but here you are seeing it as such.

That’s pretty much a cult like behavior. Attack any negative comments, even if they are valid and factual and agree with positive ones.

Just an FYI, I have an iPhone 14 and no, I will not mindlessly support one brand over the other. Google is as bad as Apple or vice versa. Same for the other tech companies.

I also don’t have a problem with people/corporations making money. But you talk as if you were speaking for Apple. What their core values are etc. as if you owned it.

You are simply a user, nothing more, but for some reason you take it personally. I don’t think anyone would take my criticism of their photo scanning as a bash, but here you are seeing it as such.

That’s pretty much a cult like behavior. Attack any negative comments, even if they are valid and factual and agree with positive ones.
I dont take anything personally I only speak in facts you on the other hand deny the facts.
1. Apple Watch FDA approved ECG device. No one else has FDA approval or if they do just recently
2. Apple Phone built in satellite SOS feature no other phone in the world has it.

Two clear as day examples while still ignoring the other dozen.
Apple phone all the above only $800

Where is the cult? The Cult is the other way around. The ones that want to deny the above facts. ;) F-a-c-t-s
The "cult" denies facts.

Photo scanning as a bash... I simply pointed out more facts about other companies, if you take that as a bash, once again, I am pointing out facts. I dont get it or your position and gracefully bow out now because I present facts.

Last edited:
I dont take anything personally I only speak in facts you on the other hand deny the facts.
Apple Watch FDA approved ECG device. No one else has it or if they do just recently
Apple Phone built in satellite SOS feature no other phone in the world has it.

Two clear as day examples while still ignoring the other dozen.
Apple phone all the above only $800

Where is the cult? the Cult is the other way around. The ones that want to deny the above facts. ;) F-a-c-t-s

Enjoy your iPhone.

1559289255373.jpg

Photo scanning as a bash... I simply pointed out more facts about other companies, if you take that as a bash, once again, I am pointing out facts. I dont get it or your position and gracefully bow out now because I present facts.
It more like you’re misconstruing what was said.

Here is what you said:
So just ignore the good and bash a company for making money?
You accused me of bashing.

What's the FDA 510(k) number for it? A Google search turned up nothing.
cant help you other than this https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/7/21504023/apple-watch-ekg-blood-oxygen-fda-clearance

So you will have to keep on searching, let me know when you find it as
"The ECG app received 510(k) clearance from the FDA for users 22 years and older."

Maybe this is what you are looking for, I have no clue... maybe try duckduckgo.com
NCT04699812
If not I cant help you but I tried

Last edited:
cant help you other than this https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/7/21504023/apple-watch-ekg-blood-oxygen-fda-clearance

So you will have to keep on searching, let me know when you find it as
"The ECG app received 510(k) clearance from the FDA for users 22 years and older."

What's the FDA 510(k) number for it? A Google search turned up nothing.
so you found it ... form approval # 0910-0120
510k Number you asked for right in the information you sent to me.
K201525
Not sure what you were looking for, it's an ECG device to show recordings to your doctor. Simple stuff and my doctors confirm and your above 510k number.
(for the moderator, I THINK we are just having a discussion here, maybe the words read differently but that's ok, I GOT to get away from this computer now *LOL)
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 1.36.31 PM.png

1. Apple Watch FDA approved ECG device. No one else has FDA approval or if they do just recently

It was approved sometime prior to Feb 1 2022. At $80, cheaper than an Iphone.

so you found it ... form approval # 0910-0120

That's the form number, the approval is the K number.

Not sure what you were looking for, it's an ECG device to show recordings to your doctor. Simple stuff and my doctors confirm and your above 510k number.

I was curious about what's available in this market and as can be seen above, there are other FDA approved devices available.

It was approved sometime prior to Feb 1 2022. At $80, cheaper than an Iphone.
OK but it's not a watch, right? BTW it is a watch not an iPhone. I mean Im not sure what you are getting at.
Even if your $80 device was a watch, I could buy any type of watch with all different functions at all different prices. Apple Watch has many functions, I can even talk on the phone with it, send texts and maybe 100 other things including multiple health related monitoring, GPS, Satellite SOS, emergency fall detection sos... nothing comes close compared to most watched to me, its cheap as heck.
Apple had it approved in 2020 I believe but doesnt matter, it is what it is. Hopefully this dicussion helps others

OK but it's not a watch, right? BTW it is a watch not an iPhone. I mean Im not sure what you are getting at.

Point is that there are other ECG devices designed for customer use that are FDA approved; Apple isn't the only option.

(This device pairs with a smartphone, Android or Apple; I assumed the Apple device pairs with an Iphone).

Point is that there are other ECG devices designed for customer use that are FDA approved; Apple isn't the only option.

(This device pairs with a smartphone, Android or Apple; I assumed the Apple device pairs with an Iphone).
I’ve never said otherwise when discussing a watch with an ECG function was related to a watch, it has many other functions and very convenient to have on one’s wrist including answering the phone, texts but it also monitors you while sleeping including heart rate and O2 levels. Before they fixed my heart short circuit I woke up many times to low heart rate warnings at the exact time it took place and for how long a duration.

I pair my watch with my phone so never considered other ways to print the pdf but you can buy an Apple watch and a separate data and cell plan, I wouldn’t know how that works.
Still though the watch gives you the information without being paired just a matter if you want to send a pdf someplace.
Meaning the watch without pairing will give a whole range of heart alerts without the phone, you can even view the ECG in real time, it’s a matter of how you can store it without a phone or watch with a cell plan.

These heart rate notifications last year were while I was sleeping, woke up in the morning and the face of the watch was Red with a warning, it also my paired phone and keeps a record like this, I’ll see if I still have a screenshot of my watch on one of these, I’ll also put up the additional information it provides if you click on one of those arrows below for each incident

IMG_3859.jpeg

So when clicking for more information it showed for a ten minute period my HR was stupid low as one example … also the watch face was all red when I woke up to alert me.
IMG_3860.jpeg

Here is one example (unrelated to an ECG) screen shot of the watch face I woke up to in July of 2022. I mean, this stuff says to see a doctor! this is on the watch itself .. (these are jsut screen shots there is more information than I can show.
incoming-51C7C5D2-196E-4FCC-A639-EA147ECA45B9.PNG
incoming-9B8DBAEB-4927-4264-B916-8BB23EB11B6D.PNG

Then! Screen shot of my paired iPhone even more details and you can click and show doctor
even more and all this takes place in the background, no different then the thing showing you date and time.

IMG_8780.PNG

I only post this stuff because I am passionate on the subject, seeing people ever so slowly die from heart disease isnt a pleasant experience and I could care less about APPLE branding but some take that as I am saying its the only solution. Im not, I am saying it is one hell of a well put together device that is bargain priced if you care about your health in catching a condition early by PRESENTING it to your doctor is the only point I try to get across in thousands of words *LOL* ... now I am really out of here for today.
I cant help ignore others who discredit this information that they base on nothingness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your posting on speculation, no matter what model IPHONE that you get it will be just as good.
There is no "mid-level" in iPhone, they all are top of the line phones with features that blow away most any phone of any price. But of course we all buy what makes us feel good yet you seem to be complaining about price. Nothing will beat even what you call low level iPhone ... (there is no such thing)

BTW - I just posted this thread, from as you may describe "beginner low tier" Im not sure you even know that that means, what is beginner about a iPhone with built in satellite SOS, something no Android has at any price, they will soon now that they are copying but one thing for sure, as you call it, the inexpensive" "low tier" iPhone has it and it will always work, its not a toy =
are you aware that you have a very condesending, preaching, shrill tone? Are you the all knowing self apponited Grand Cahouna of cell phone knowledge? Posting "beginner low tier" is just a figure of speech. Sorry-I ment the lowest priced iPhone. Okay? Geez

are you aware that you have a very condesending, preaching, shrill tone? Are you the all knowing self apponited Grand Cahouna of cell phone knowledge? Posting "beginner low tier" is just a figure of speech. Sorry-I ment the lowest priced iPhone. Okay? Geez
Facts are facts glad you got the idea and that you corrected your statement

Back