Insane motel room prices

You must be new here...

This is a a typical post by the OP. A rant on whatever irked him in the moment, and then arguing with anyone (usually nearly everyone else) that they are wrong.

I'm not interested in knowing about someone's typical post, or how anyone feels about them based on previous interactions. My opinion and subsequent post were simply formed from my observations in this thread.

Last edited:
I pay Residence Inn usually between $169 - $189 when I travel. Not bad for a broken toilet seat and room service knocking on the door (and trying to badge in) at 10am when you are in the shower. I think it's a reasonable price though. Many hotels I go to are usually close to booked lately.

Work for a large hotel corporation and get the employee rate.
Mind sharing the secret rate? Do they let you sleep in the laundry room for a discount? Should be nice and cozy.

I pay Residence Inn usually between $169 - $189 when I travel. Not bad for a broken toilet seat and room service knocking on the door (and trying to badge in) at 10am when you are in the shower. I think it's a reasonable price though. Many hotels I go to are usually close to booked lately.

Mind sharing the secret rate? Do they let you sleep in the laundry room for a discount? Should be nice and cozy.
What's funny about the secret rates....a contractor told me he tries them, and chooses the cheapest. I am only repeating what he told me....AAA, IBM, MMM, on and on. I'm sure these are on the web.

There is no need for me to do that since all our travel must go through SAP Concur. I think those secret rates are about as mysterious as a rock auto 5% discount code :ROFLMAO:

What's funny about the secret rates....a contractor told me he tries them, and chooses the cheapest. I am only repeating what he told me....AAA, IBM, MMM, on and on. I'm sure these are on the web.

There is no need for me to do that since all our travel must go through SAP Concur. I think those secret rates are about as mysterious as a rock auto 5% discount code :ROFLMAO:
Interesting. The AAA rate for me is never discounted, maybe because I am a BonVoy member and already get the lowest price.

I'm not interested in knowing about someone's typical post, or how anyone feels about them based on previous interactions. My opinion and subsequent post were simply formed from my observations in this thread.

Your point was the many posters with past experience with the OP's threads were somehow missing something or his point was going over our heads.

OP is well known for exactly this type of thread, and the responses are calling that out accordingly.

Reactions: CKN
I stay in hotels a lot. Just checked tonight's mix of prices near Newburgh, NY. The cheapest is $140-145, and that's 45 minutes away. The local hotels are all $200 or more.

Your point was the many posters with past experience with the OP's threads were somehow missing something or his point was going over our heads.

OP is well known for exactly this type of thread, and the responses are calling that out accordingly.

Not quite. My post was in response to a single person and their specific comments and questions. I even quoted the post in my response.

How did I address "many posters"? I haven't read half the posts in this thread, so that would not be responsible to do.

Last edited:
As far as bugs etc., my wife's cousin's family all got bit by bed bugs on a recent trip to AC. It's so sad to see a 5 and 7 yo with bites. We stayed at Bally's which was pretty disgusting.
Do you know which tower in Bally's? There has been some bed bug complaints recently at Hard rock.

Not quite. My post was in response to a single person and their specific comments and questions. I even quoted the post in my response.

How did I address "many posters"? I haven't read half the posts in this thread, so that would not be responsible to do.

Your line... "It was obvious to me the original post was using hyperbole in order to prove a point. You seem to be struggling with this so I'll help out."

Past experience with this poster, as noted by multiple responses on this thread, shows otherwise.

Good luck.

Your line... "It was obvious to me the original post was using hyperbole in order to prove a point. You seem to be struggling with this so I'll help out."

Past experience with this poster, as noted by multiple responses on this thread, shows otherwise.

Good luck.
Again, my post was addressed to a specific person based on their specific comments. How you took that as “many posters” is beyond me. Please don’t suggest I said something I didn’t.

Last edited:

This type of thread? You mean like posting my experiences that others seem to take joy in raking over the coals? There have been people in this thread that have gone as far, and stopping just short of calling me a liar. I don't really care who on this forum doesn't like my posts, and I will continue posting, and standing by what I post, flaming or no flaming. The guys like you and the others in here who don't like my posts have the same option as everyone else, and that is to not read them, but you can't do that. You have to participate by making rude comments and belittling...

Again, my post was addressed to a specific person based on their specific comments. How you took that as “many posters” is beyond me. Please don’t suggest I said something I didn’t.
Please don't feed the trolls...

Why I think lodging is totally market driven, as mentioned, Philly seems more than DC, yet real estate and rent is the opposite.

Back in the early 90's, I continued to ski at Killington but graduated to motels (from hostels). If memory serves me, I could get a motel room for $35-$45/night, in Rutland town. And it was doable for me although still expensive.

One day, the very same place, week to week, became $70/night. I recall saying what happened to Mr XYZ? Then, I glanced over, and saw a Honda Civic with NJ tags and it said Hillside Rt 22. Immediately I knew, they sold out, these are the new owners, and now the rate is truly the market rate....memories

p.s. Rutland VT had the best indie Volvo repair and it was called Ace Muffler. Having a 264, I broke down often lol. Between Joe Rigg and Walt Clark in Saratoga Springs? My 264 got me where I needed from 1990-1998. And the labor was about $20/hr :)

This type of thread? You mean like posting my experiences that others seem to take joy in raking over the coals? There have been people in this thread that have gone as far, and stopping just short of calling me a liar. I don't really care who on this forum doesn't like my posts, and I will continue posting, and standing by what I post, flaming or no flaming. The guys like you and the others in here who don't like my posts have the same option as everyone else, and that is to not read them, but you can't do that. You have to participate by making rude comments and belittling...
You posted an almost identical thread before. We get it. Apparently your budget for hotel rooms is now insufficient compared to what the market rates are. So every time you want to go somewhere-and you have to "pay the price" or "stay home" you complain on here.

This thread will probably be closing soon. It's got no where else to go.

One thing we can all agree on is that lodging costs are higher today than they were in 2019, just like everything else.

Back