Importance of OEM parts - collision repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the reviews may say otherwise, I've found that the DRP shops in my area to be excellent. They are partnered with the largest dealers and major insurance carriers, and the turnaround time is truly excellent. If the repair is unsatisfactory, not only do they have to back it themselves - but the insurance carrier will back the repair as well. This is important since body shops can sometimes go out of business, and thus leave you out-of-luck.

Also, are you sure that the bumper cover needs to be replaced? If the damage is not significant, it may be cost-effective to repair and refinish the cover.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Although the reviews may say otherwise, I've found that the DRP shops in my area to be excellent. They are partnered with the largest dealers and major insurance carriers, and the turnaround time is truly excellent. If the repair is unsatisfactory, not only do they have to back it themselves - but the insurance carrier will back the repair as well. This is important since body shops can sometimes go out of business, and thus leave you out-of-luck.

Also, are you sure that the bumper cover needs to be replaced? If the damage is not significant, it may be cost-effective to repair and refinish the cover.

It is a good size dent, on the corner. I can't imagine it would be a candidate for repair.

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar

It is a good size dent, on the corner. I can't imagine it would be a candidate for repair.

My WRX rolled into my wife's then two month old 2005 LEgacy GT wagon. It dented the bumper massively and cracked the paint all over. They simply removed the bumper, popped it out, repaired and then repainted. After 8 years and 150,000 miles it looks original to the car and paint is no different.

The Chevy dealer here has their own body shop. They did a great job matching the paint. Once the insurance stuff was resolved all new OEM parts were installed. Plus all the work they did has a lifetime warranty on it. Hard to beat that.

The proof came two months later when a bracket inside the door came loose on a bumpy road. It caused a bit of a rattle inside the repaired door. They fixed it at no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back