Impact recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 in. Stubby Ultra-Light Extreme Torque Air Impact Wrench. It's a Harbor Freight tool and was on sale for $89. It should work well for my stuff - size was the main concern, and it shouldn't tax my small compressor.

The test will be when I go at the rusted bolts attaching the strut to the steering knuckle.

the ryobi was just too big, and I couldn't justify buying a tool only for lugs.

Originally Posted By: Chester11

1/2 in. Stubby Ultra-Light Extreme Torque Air Impact Wrench. It's a Harbor Freight tool and was on sale for $89. It should work well for my stuff - size was the main concern, and it shouldn't tax my small compressor.

The test will be when I go at the rusted bolts attaching the strut to the steering knuckle.

the ryobi was just too big, and I couldn't justify buying a tool only for lugs.

another thing to compliment small air tools is a MAPP gas torch. great for applying a decent amount of heat to a concentrated area and the MAPP burns a little hotter then a propane torch and will help your air tool free up stubborn bolts

For the price of the HF stubby, you should've looked at the Aircat 1055TH. I was shopping for both and opted for the latter.

I doubt the HF torque ratings are "accurate" and the Aircat has a better 2 yr warranty vs the HF 90 days. Although I'm pretty sure both are made by Florida Pneumatic.

There is a Milwaukee mid torque (600ft lbs) for $200 at home Depot right now... I want it but just bought the harbor freight earthquake last year.

I have the Ryobi 1/2" 18v impact. It sees rare use but I was impressed that it could remove the wheels from my 2500HD. I already had a bunch of Ryobi tools and batteries, so it was a no-brainer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back