I'm Tired of Seeing Ribbons on Backs of Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Rather than ribbons, I'd rather see pictures of Sara pasted on the back of people's cars:

ny11112150443.widec.jpg

The brainwashed sheeple of the USA seem to possess the majority of those ribbons.

Not all.

But, Coot humble opinion views the majority of those conveying whatever message those ribbons convey as being shallow and not well-read.

Sheeple. Bleating away in many ways with those ribbons being one method.

Quote:

i dislike people who have ribbons or american flangs on their cars who lets the ribbons or flags get worn out and faded. i have to ask them if they have no pride in their country that they wont go out and atleast get a new one once the original fades out?

theres a praticular type of american bumper sticker with the flag on it. it says "these colors dont run". quite often i see this sticker and its all faded out , sometimes to the point that you wouldnt know what it was unless you had a pet peeve about these things like i do.
to those people i will casually roll down a window and yet "these colours dont run like youre sticker says, but they sure do fade ____, grow some pride for youre country and get a new sticker".

you know what else bothers me, all these people who put flags on their cars after 911. before 911 NO ONE had american flags on their cars. it was an ultra rare thing to see, but i was one of the few who awalys kept a shiny new flag on my cars. after 911, everyone did it and they cheapened it out for me.

That stuff bothers me too. Today I saw a faded, tattered, and torn American flag hanging from an overpass. If you are just going to let it get torn to peices, don't put it up in the first place.
frown.gif

The other day I saw two Americans in a truck towing a boat down the highway. Written in huge letters on the window of the cap was "___ BLESS AMERICA" and the truck was covered in new American flags. It was obvious they just did that for their trip to Canada because it looked like a temporary paint that you just write on with a little stick or something. If I went south of the border with something like that I don't think I'd last too long. I can't understand what they were hoping to accomplish. At least their were no ribbons.

If you are going to run a ribbon, try to understand just how a ribbon should be displayed.
I see the majority of these ribbon runners have them placed on their vehicle at about 45 degrees from where they should be placed.
It seems folks don't think it's mounted correctly unless they can read the words in a horizontal fashion.
dunno.gif

Folks...a ribbon symbolizes a banner that is worn around an individuals neck. Do most of us not understand what a ribbon is?

If you are going to run one of these gaudy badges, please try to place it so you don't look like you have no idea what you have placed on your vehicle.
ribbon.gif

I figure folks who run these ribbons askew, probably have about the same level of understanding concerning the issues they are touting.

They are like bumper sticker without being a bumper sticker. Temporary bumper sticker at best. It is kinda funny...I mean, only such a few topics to "support" and all very conservative....???? Imo, a plain old small sticker, round or square, but not a big bumper sticker it the best-looking option. Ribbons are kind of lame...people who are a bit insecure about expressing their politics. Like- if you DON'T have a ribbon, you MUST NOT support the troops. I'll now envoke the Kramer scene where he doesn't want to wear the "AIDs" ribbon.

I avoid any kind of stickers on the back of my car. It's impossible to be profound in any way or to give a subject its fair due in the amount of space covered by most stickers. Besides that, I don't go around spouting my opinions on things to anyone within earshot (kind of ironic that I'm doing it here though), why should I do so on my vehicle?

I used to have an autism awareness ribbon on my car. The ION put an end to that.

When I see these, I always wonder who they are and what their story is. Sometimes I think of it as the club that nobody wanted to join.

I love saturns with those ribbons stuck to the hood, the only magnetic accepting part of the car.
smile.gif

Bumper stickers, I admit to having a few. I like the idea of an incognito car. But I like upsetting the people, who would be bothered by my stickers, much more.

Have "NRA Member" plate on front bumper and "NRA Life member" decal in rear glass. With those in place, anyone who can't guess my views on any other issue is too stupid to matter.

Bob

Quote:

I used to have an autism awareness ribbon on my car. The ION put an end to that.

When I see these, I always wonder who they are and what their story is. Sometimes I think of it as the club that nobody wanted to join.

Those autism awareness stickers annoy me the most. What's the point? I am aware of autism. Thanks for reminding me.
pat2.gif
I lose an IQ point every time I see one of those stickers.

I have issues with where the sticker/magnet is made and where the profits are going. If the local vets organization is selling them, I might buy one. when they hang next to the cash register at the local supermarket and are made in China, I'll pass.

what about all the copies of the "Livestrong" yellow bracelet.

another "troop support" banner that gets misused is the Gold Star Mothers banner. It is white with a red frame around the outside and has either blue or a gold star(s) in the center. they are specifically supposed to hang in the window of your house to show that members of your immediate family are deployed (blue stars for each member) or that family members have been killed (gold star). I see them on car windows and on bumpers, both inappropriate.
http://www.goldstarmoms.com/agsm/FAQs/FAQs.htm#serviceflag

don't even get me started on the misuse of the US flag...

Maybe a "CAUTION: Student Driver" bumper sticker would assist in keeping the tailgaters a wee bit further away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back